Impression

CHRIS' POV

We drove at the hotel where Lea expected us to go. It was such a nice feeling since I used to introduce Darren to my other co-stars. It's not my idea really, but they pushes me to it. They want to meet Darren. So, I gave this as a nice excuse to spend time with my friend. And... special friend.

  "Chris... you're okay?" I heard Darren asked me.

We are so quiet. It's awkward. And it seems like we are avoiding each other. Darren was looking at me. But I couldn't look back. My eyes were on the mirror of the car. Did I tell that I am the one who's driving it?

"Um. Yeah. Fine." I answered.

"You're not. You're so quiet."

"I'm sorry, then."

Darren sighed. I felt his hand tapped my shoulder.

  "It's my fault, Chris." he said.

"No. It wasn't. Don't worry."

"You know what, Chris..." Darren began telling me, changing the topic now.

"What?"

"Everyone who was around you was so lucky. You know why? Because you're here for them. And, I am so lucky to be a part of those people."

I smiled. "Thank you, Dare."

"What... did you call me?"

"Dare. I said. Why? Don't you like that? I'm sorry."

He smiled now. "It was a good nickname. Thank you, Chris."

"So... you liked it?"

"Of course. It's simple, yet, meaningful. You know, I began thinking something."

"Well, what was that?"

"From now on, I'm going to use that nickname. You can call me now that."

I smiled. "Really?"

"Yeah."

I'm glad that Darren liked that. Actually, I really want to call him that since then. But, I was ashame to tell him that one. And now, that he really like that, I can call him that way.

"You look so cute when you're smiling."

I looked at him. "W...what?"

"I said, you're cute when you're smiling."

Darren smiled, too. 

"Ooh. T..Thank you."

"You're very welcome, Mr. Chris." Darren joked, leaning his head to my shoulder. "So.. how's your driving?"

I couldn't help but to look at him, still, my heart was thuding faster and faster. Darren was leaning on me. I didn't know how to react. Should I push him away? Should I like the way he's doing all of this business?

"Chris..." Darren called. "Eyes on the road, please. We will caught by a police if you didn't do your job as a driver..." he continued, laughing now like a kid.

I automatically kept my eyes straight on the road. I could feel Darren's hand on my left hand.

"You know what, Chris? Our hands fit together. Have you noticed that?" he muttered. 

"Are you serious? I mean, my hands fits to another's hands like yours!" I answered, trying to sound it as a joke. But, did he really mean it? I want to keep it as a joke, but my heart says that it means "something".

"You didn't understand me, Chris."

"No. You are the one who didn't understand me, Darren." I insisted.

"What?" he asked.

Should I tell him now? No. I shouldn't. Please, Chris... don't say anything!

"Um..." I said, shaking my head. "Nothing. I mean... I didn't understand you."

Darren sighed. "It's easy. I..."

"You what?"

"I..." he hesitated. "I said, I... I appreciate you."

"Appreciate me?"

"Um. Yep. Like... I appreciate you as my best friend. That's why I love you as a brother, Chris."

I grimaced. So... is that all? Darren saw me a brother.. and a best friend? That was the most painful word he said to me today. He's not hurting me directly. But my heart was torn because of that.

I mean, I never felt that kind of hurt in my whole life. Even in words, yes. Even with my bestfriend. I know that this could be so cheap but.... I was hurt. 'Cause the truth is, I'm already falling for him. That's not the way how he gave me an importance. We're brothers, best buddies, best of friends...

"Thank you. You're so sweet." I answered, trying to sound it normal.

Darren's familiar smirk answered me. I know that he's really serious about it. "Yeah! So um.... I hope you're feeling the same for me too."

"Of course. We're bestfriends, right? Partners-in-crime."

"Probably, Batman and Robin."

"Who's Batman? Who's Robin? I don't wanna be Robin after all!"

He laughed, pulling his headset on his bag as he put it on his ears while screwing songs from his Ipod. I noticed that he's not really looking for the songs, but for the photos.

"You're Batman." he gazed at me. "And I'm Robin."

"Why? Do you like Robin?" I asked back.

"Um... a little. I'm a lot of Batman than Robin."

"But then... why you chooses Robin instead of Batman?"

"'Cause in our friendship... " he started, looking at me. "I felt that I'm effortless without you. You gave me an importance. Whenever we're together, both of us were understanding each other."

"Oh... how touching." I joked.

"I'm not joking. I'm serious."

"Oh. Sorry."

"Nah. That's okay. The most important is... we're together."