Five

Shit, this kid is bleeding pretty badly. Bill's friends and I rode our bikes all the way to the pharmacy. The bleeding kid held on to me tight. I gave him my jacket so it could be pressed against us while I rode my bike and so his cut could get a little pressure on it.

"I think it's great that we're helping the new kid," Eddie started, "but we also need to think our own safety. I mean, he's bleeding all over and you guys know that there's an AIDS epidemic happening right now. As we speak, right? I mean, my mom's friend in - in New York City got it by just by touching a dirty pole on the subway."

I ended up ignoring Eddie the rest of the way. I really blame his mom for his health scare. There's nothing wrong with Eddie and she wants him to believe that he's got all these diseases so he wouldn't leave her.

Now, w didn't exactly stop in front of the pharmacy, more like the back alley near it. We can't have a beaten kid standing in the middle of the street. The cut wasn't even that big. I figured if we clean it up and put a gauze over it, the wound would heal a few days' time.

"Ok, Richie, you wait here," I told the boy as Stanley, Eddie, Bill and I ran towards the pharmacy.

"How come I got to wait?!" Richie yelled.

"Because I don't stare at her ass like you do!" Eddie retorted.

Once inside, I grabbed the small basket before we went to the health aisle. I grabbed one of the alcohol bottles and one of the gauze tapes before putting it into the basket. Then I felt more boxes of gauze and cotton balls being thrown in. I gave Eddie a confused look before taking a few of the boxes out and placing them back on the shelf.

"It's just a cut. He's not going to die," I said. Then I saw a bottle of ibuprofen and took that.

"He could be," Eddie said.

"Do we even have e - enough to a - afford all of that?" Bill stuttered.

I checked my pocket. "Shit. I forgot my wallet," I said.

"We m - might have some."

Bill and Stanley checked their pockets and pulled out some crumpled up one-dollar bills. So far, I've only counted $7. Shit, it's not going to be enough for all of this.

"That's all we got," Stanley said.

"Are you kidding me?" Eddie scoffed.

Bill glanced at Eddie. "Wait, you have an account here, don't you?"

Eddie gave him a look that says we're stupid. "My mom finds out that I bought all this stuff for myself, I'll spend the whole rest of the weekend in the emergency room getting x-rayed."

I sighed. "Your mom is a lunatic," I muttered under my breath. I looked up to see that creepy old pharmacist at the counter. I crinkled my nose in disgust but it's the only thing I could think of. "Ok, guys, I need you to do something you should never do."

"We're gonna kill someone?" Eddie asked in horror.

I gave him a look. "No, you idiot. I'm gonna distract the perverted geezer while you three run out with the stuff, ok?"

"So stealing?" Stanley clarified.

"No. No, not stealing." I tried to think of another word. It can't really be borrowed since we're keeping it. "Ok, fine. It's stealing."

I looked back to see the man reading his magazine with his hand in front of his pants. I felt a creepy shiver go down my spine as I turned back around and flipped my hair, you know to give it volume.

"Wait?" Stanley said before he walked over and lowered my tank a bit so more of my cleavage is showing, unaware of yellow eyes growling in the shadows.