Eight

Ok, this is good. Heading to the quarry with my brother and his friends as one last hurrah. Bill and I didn't get that much sleep last night since that terrible nightmare happened. We even left the light on in case that clown decides to show up again.

Why me?

Why us?

Why the fucking hell does this clown like to torture us?

Ever since Georgie disappeared, that clown has shown up left and right. I thought I was going insane but now I know this wasn't the first time I've seen it. I'm certain now that the clown was in Georgie's room that day. The whispers that called my name that day. The fiery lights that glowed in the closet somehow drew me to them. Maybe if I had gone to them then the clown would have taken me instead of Georgie.

"Ok, Jenny, your turn," Richie said.

This might sound very disgusting but I took part in the little spit game my brother and his friends were having. We wanted to see how can spit out their loogie the farthest. I can never do this with my friends because they would look at me weirdly or say what the hell is wrong with me. 

I leaned back a bit before spitting. It only made it to the edge of the cliff. "Awe, I lost," I said.

"You know what that means. It's birthday suit time," Richie suggested.

"Yes, because I'm going swim around the quarry butt naked in front of my brother and his friends," I replied sarcastically. I'm already in my swimsuit as is, which is something I suggested them to do but they decided to wear their underwear, now imagine the cops finding us like this. One girl, five underage teenage boys, you can see how things can get mixed up. "Now, who's gonna go first?"

"Uhhh...." the boys trailed off. I rolled my eyes when I realized none of them are gonna do it.

"Pussies," I muttered before jumping over the cliff. The cool water engulfed my body. I swam back up and pushed my hair out of my face. I smiled at the boys. "See? It's not so bad." They still weren't moving. "Come on. What happened to our last hurrah?"

"I'll go!" I heard someone shout. I smiled and swam back when I saw Beverly jumping over the cliff. I covered my face to avoid getting slash. I high-fived the girl as she swam back up. "Nice one."

"Thanks."

Then I noticed she cut her hair. "You cut your hair. I like it." After that, I sighed when I noticed she only wore her bra and underwear. "Am I the only one who wore a swimsuit?"

"I guess so," she laughed.

I looked up at the boys. "It's ok if you guys don't want to do it. There's no shame of being scared."

I know they're all scared. But all of them rather jump over a cliff than admit that they're scared. Which is what happened because they each started to jump in. Beverly and I moved back so we could give the boys enough room to land in the water.

That's when we started to have our fun. We were splashing each other with the water. Beverly got on my shoulders and Eddie got on Ben's so we can chicken fight. After that Richie and I had a small competition to see who can hold their breath in the water the longest until Bill pushed my head in more, making me lose. I got back at him by picking him up and throwing him across the water. Somehow it ended up in a splash war: me, Bev, Eddie on one team, Richie, Stanley, Ben, and Bill on the other.

We were in the water for a few hours before getting out to dry. We brought a small radio to play in the back so Bev and I could tan a bit. Well...it was a bit hard when we could feel the boys staring at us.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," I said as I turned around to lay on my stomach before reaching out to grab two apples from the little basket of snacks I decided to bring us. I took one bite of my apple before tossing another to Bill. "Catch."

Bill was so caught up in staring at Beverly that the apple struck his forehead. "Ow," he said. My mouth formed an 'o' before I placed my hand over my mouth to contain my laughter. Bill getting hurt must have woken Beverly up from her nap because she turned her head the boys looked away.

"Nice one, guys," I chuckled before taking another bite.

Richie decided to dig something out from Ben's backpack. "Newsflash, Ben. School's out for summer," he said in a bad accent. I got up and made my way over right as Richie pulled out a postcard from Ben's bag. "Who sent you this?"

Ben quickly grabbed the postcard. "No one."

"No one?" I repeated. "You took that pretty quick if it wasn't from no one." I sat down next to him with a teasing grin. "If it isn't from someone maybe it's for someone. Who's the lucky girl, Benny Boo?"

"No one," he lied.

Richie pulled another folder out. "What's with the history project?"

"Oh, well, when I first moved here, I didn't really have anyone to hang out with, so I just started spending time in the library," Ben explained as Bill grabbed the folder. I looked over his shoulder to see old news articles about Derry.

"You went to the library? On purpose?"

Beverly got up. "Oh, I wanna see." 

I grabbed the file from Bill and handed it to her as she sat down. Bill just looked at Beverly.

"You - Your hair..." he stuttered. Beverly had a look that says what about my hair?

"Your...Your hair is beautiful, Beverly," Ben finished. My eyes widened at the realization. Ah, crap. Ben and Bill like Beverly. Now, the main question is who does Beverly like back? I would usually cheer for Bill but Ben is such a sweetheart as well.

Beverly pushed her hair back. "Oh. Right. Thanks," she finished awkwardly. I saw that little satisfying grin Ben had.

"Why is it all murders and missing kids?" Richie asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Maybe he's into that stuff," I suggested. "Or maybe he wants to be part of the CSI."

"It's not like that," Ben corrected me. "Derry's not like any town I've even been in before. They did a study once, and it turns out people die or disappear six times the national average."

"You read that?" Beverly asked astonishingly.

"And that's just grown-ups. Kids are worse. Way, way worse. I've got more stuff if you wanna see it."

Eddie immediately shook his head. "No, no," he rushed out softly.

But we all know the real answer to this.

》》》》

A/N: Would you guys like me to make a book 2 for Pennywise Loves Me? based on It Chapter 2 or just stop after this one?