What an ass.

"This isn't a fancy meeting you can attend-" Tony mimicked in a high-pitched voice. Of course, the man wasn't there with them. He was to high-ranking for something like this.

Peter had to stifle a laugh at his mentor and Calypso scowled him playfully.

Percy would have laughed too, but he was currently extremely nervous.

Wanda took notice of that. "Are you alright?"

"No." Percy said softly, only for her to hear. "I'm not."

"Can I do something to make it better?" She asked. She had been mad at him for pushing them away, but she had to admit that the situation was taking a toll on all of them.

"Just stay here. Just stay close." Percy said, still looking ahead, his gaze glued to the Romans. "You're doing wonders just by being by my side."

Wanda squished his hand briefly and looked ahead as well.

"Halt in the name of the Legion." A guy behind a shield said. A Scutum, Percy recalled.

The group stopped. The heroes waited for the soldiers to talk. It was a woman who spoke. "We are representants of the Army of the United States of America. We come to aid in your evacuation. This is not a safe zone and your safety is not guaranteed." She took a deep breath. "We've got instructions to seize all kind of hostile resistance in order to keep the status quo. We ask, once again, for your peaceful collaboration."

Percy looked constipated. "That won't work. He said aloud. They don't like prepared speeches like that." The woman glared at him, he just shrugged. "Just sayin'."

An arrow landed a few feet in front of them. A warning.

"The Legion won't run away from it's obligation." A loud, clear voice said. Full of determination and authority. Reyna's voice. "This is in no way under your jurisdiction, mortals. Back off before we send our arrows."

The woman bristled at that, clearly outraged that children with shields and swords were defying them.

She opened her mouth to bark a retort, but was silenced as Percy placed a hand before her. "Shut your trap before an arrow goes down your eye-socket." He told her. "You've done enough."

He stepped forwards, ignoring the glare coming from her. The Romans shifted their pilums towards him. He held himself with pride, glaring at the demigods as their superior. "Is this how you welcome your former Praetor?" His voice rang loud and clear. "Is this how you receive one of your own?"

The demigods shifted behind their scutum. Whispers spread like wildfire along their lines. Two legionaries stepped forward and stepped aside to reveal the daughter of Bellona riding on her pegasus, Scipio.

"Perseus Jackson." Reyna declared, her imponent voice overwhelming his'. "Now we know who was the mole along our lines." She said bitterly. The Romans shifted menacingly.

Percy's jaw tightened. Wanda could see from her position how his fists clenched. The son of Poseidon said nothing, regardless.

"Have the Greeks lost their minds?" Reyna asked loud enough, fire raging through her eyes. "Or is this situation solely on your shoulders, Graceus."

Percy glared at her. "The Greek have nothing to do with this situation." He said. "They have showed just as -if not more- anger towards my arrangement as you."

"Traitor to Greece and traitor to Rome." Reyna said as Scipio neighed under her, apparently as displeased as her. "Any reason against running you through with my pilum right here, right now?"

"You need me." Percy said, his glare roaming over the Legion aligned in front of him. "You all know of my deeds. You all know of my accomplishments. And you know, albeit reluctantly, that you need my blade. Just as the Gods have used it to their benefit, you will too."

The Avengers looked at the teenager in awe and respect. They knew almost nothing of his accomplishments, but they knew he was serious when he said that they needed him to win this conflict.

More whispers shot through the crowd. "What is he doing?" The woman that leaded the military operation hissed. "What is he talking about? Who is him?"

"Someone you don't want to make your foe, Midgardian." Thor said. "I've took on him head on and he almost defeated me. He doesn't care about your silly weapons."

Their attention was, once again, pulled towards the girl riding the pegasus. "And how do we know your words are truthful? How do we know your blade won't adorn our backs as soon as we place and ounce of our trust upon you?"

Percy pulled up his sleeve, revealing his tattoo from the Legion. "I rose from the mud along your lines." He said, anger evident in his voice. "This is proof of it. I am part of the Legion. I am one of you. I led you against Mother Earth herself! I've fought alongside you, brothers and sisters, and I will do so once again. One last time." He took a ragged breath. "I will lay down my life this time, as prophesized, so you can build something better, something greater, over my carcass."

Silence filled the street. Reyna stirred Scipio so she was facing the Legion. "Are these not the words of a proud Roman?" She asked.

Whispers and murmurs sounded, but no one voiced their thoughts.

"I said." Reyna said louder, fiercer. "Are these not the words of a proud Roman!?"

This time, her question was met by hundreds of fists hitting against the shields.

"Are these not the ideals that the Roman Empire -our ancestors- have bestowed upon us as our deed to protect our people?!"

This time, there was no hesitation. Hundreds upon hundreds of Romans voiced their agreement in the form of hitting their shields.

"Does this boy- Does this MAN deserve to march at our side? Does this man deserve to fight next to his brothers and sisters?"

Confirmation echoed through the street. The Avengers and the soldiers observed with awe as the events unfolded.

Reyna stirred her mount again, now facing him. "The Legion has spoken." She stated. She stabbed her pilum to the ground and dismounted Scipio. "One of us returns home today!" She announced loudly. She started walking towards him. "Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon. We still have a Praetorian spot that has gotten dusty waiting for you." She rose her voice. "Does the Legion welcome him as the Praetor he was once?!"

The shields thundered, once again.

Reyna spoke again. "Does the Praetor come back home?" She asked softly, taking out her arm for him to take.

Much to her surprise, Percy hugged her instead. She didn't hesitate on hugging back.

The Legion roared in approval on the rising of the Praetor. The last of the heroes of the Prophecy. The one fated to die, once again.

My legs have tired from running.
This story must meet its end.
You've waited far to long, my friends.