Chapter 3

Fury cleared his throat once again, effectively silencing the room. "Percy Jackson, do you want to join The Avengers and save New York from the raising threat?"

Percy thought about the offer, it wasn't like he didn't feel honored and all that, but he was really done about fighting wars. He just wanted to relax a bit, live in his appartment, work in his job and live as long as he could, although it wouldn't be really long being a demigod.

For that reasons, the answer was clear. "I will deny your offer, Fury. However I will help you with the immediate problem with the monsters."

All the room looked at him surprised, none had ever denied the offer of being an Avenger.

"You sure, kid?" Stark asked. "You could save the world and all that, it's quite a nice opportunity."

"Nah," Percy replied. "Not interested, thank you. Now, do you have anything that you would like to share about the last attack?"

Fury recovered from the shock fairly quickly and picked a remote control. He pressed some buttons and the big screen on the wall iluminated, showing images from the monsters that The Avengers had fought in Central Park that morning.

"This images are from the little army that this team has comfronted this morning." Fury said. "It was composed of giants with one eyes, who we assume are cyclops; winged women, who we assume are harpies; dog-like creatures and snakeish archers." Fury said.

Percy nodded. "The dog-like creatures would be hellhounds and the snakeish creatures would be dracanaes." He said.

Nick wrote something in a paper and pressed a button in the remote control, making the photo change. "This image was taken after the fight, this is how the battlefield ended. Any idea about why they would do this destruction?"

Percy had a grim look in his face. "They were killing the Dryads and other Nymphs of the Park. Gods, there might have been at least fifty deaths in this fight."

Tony jerked at the mention of the Mythical creatures. "Wait, you mean that we were not fighting alone that horde of monsters?"

Percy shook his head. "The Nymphs held the majority of them back. I will have to contact some friends to repair all this damage and return the Park into it's natural status." He muttered.

The Avengers were astounded. They had barely made it out alive from their fight and they weren't even battling with the half of the army.

Nick pressed the button once again and another image appeared on the screen. The image showed the people running while the police guided them. "The evacuation has been successfull this time." Fury said. "There has only been five civil deaths. However, the police has lost three times that number."

Percy sighed, wondering how much more people was going to die for the monsters fault. This war was nothing he had fighted, the monsters attacked mortals and he had to protect them. He was alone this time too, his friends had passed away and didn't have to suffer another war. However, that meant that he was alone, he had none to help him. Thalia and Nico would be really helpful, but it would be three fighting against an entire army, lead by an unknown menace.

"Anyone has any idea to beat the monsters?" Fury asked, snapping Percy out of his thoughts.

"Yeah," Percy said. "You need weapons made from especific metals. However, they are not easy to get, much less for mortals."

"Then, how do you expect us to fight them?" Steve asked. "Just Thor, Wanda and Tony seemed to kill the monsters, turning them into that gold dust."

"I will call for help." Percy said. "The same that can take care of the destruction of Central Park. I will ask him if he could bring me some weapons..." He trailed off at the last word.