Solitary Existence

Word Count: 1874

Inspired by my Bestie, BisexualCricket , and my Wife, AseLesf ! :3

---

"MAMA, THERE'S something wrong with Papa," Eren Jaeger, a very passionate and sweet little boy, worriedly asked.

His mother, of whom he talked to in a very concerned manner, was in the laundry room of their small, yet quaint house that had been passed down in the Jaeger family for generations, folding some clothes that she had thrown in the wash earlier that day.

"What do you mean, honey? He's still at the grocery store, there's nothing to worry-"

"But there is, mama! He's just standing there in the living room looking all creepy and stuff." Eren wringed his small hands as he stared at the floor, trying to put on a brave face, when in reality he was a little scared for his dad. He was very unsettled with the situation, and his mother's ignorance didn't help.

What Eren said slightly disturbed his mother; her husband was not creepy in the slightest. He was a sweet, and invested man, creepy certainly was not a trait of his. Carla Jaeger, Eren's mother, set the T-shirt she was folding on top of the dryer, and walked towards the living room.

She strode into the lounge, preparing herself for what she could discover, only to find her spouse was standing in the middle of it, his hands twitching wildly at his sides. Carla hesitantly inched forwards, careful as to not make any sudden movements so she doesn't accidentally scare him.

"Love? Are you alright, Grisha?" When an audible answer, a groan mixed with a grumble, left his mouth, Eren's mother sped her movements up a bit, and was at her husband's side in record time, no longer skeptical about his strange actions.

Meanwhile, one of Erens only friends, best friends at that, walked out of his room where she was waiting for him to return, and made her way over to where Eren was standing in the hallway, peeking into the living room with only the top of his head and his eyes visible. She tapped his shoulder as she made it to him and tried to look past him, curious as to what he was looking at. Eren jumped a bit at her sudden presence, but quickly returned his sight of vision to his parents.

"Oh hey Mikasa. Are you okay?" Eren asked of his friend. Her face was completely stoic when he asked the question, not letting any emotion through, but Eren could easily notice the little furrow of her brow, a small indication that she was either upset or confused. He guesses she was the latter.

"I could ask you the same, Ere-"

A very loud and frightening growl could be heard not far from where the two close friends stood, causing both of them to snap their heads in the direction of the sound echoing throughout the small area.

Eren's father, Grisha Jaeger, was snarling, similarly time that of a feral animal, and grabbed his wife, snapping his jaw continuously in her face, almost as if he was trying to eat her. Carla was desperately trying to escape his hold, trembling in her boots out of fear of her husband.

His breath smelled of rotten eggs, and his right arm was covered in two huge bite marks that looked as decayed as his mouth smelled. His hair was disheveled, and his rectangular glasses were long forgotten on the floor, pieces of glass lying around them. Eren tried to go to his mother, scared out of his mind of what would happen to her, but Mikasa held him back, more anxious for her friend than the woman that she considered as her own mother.