Lies and Secrets of a Teenage Clique (The sh*ts gonna hit the fan)

This was all my dad’s fault, it was his stupid idea to move here.

So what if he got a better job and a wage increase - it was halfway across the country.  I had friends and a life you know, but they never even gave me a choice.

So yeah, I’m still sticking the blame on him.

Craigstone was a little town in New York State.  Now I wouldn’t have minded if it was New York City, but no of course it wasn’t; like I would ever get that lucky.  Instead I got stuck with this tiny town with one mall, one high school, one cinema…well you get the point. 

Completely different from my home of Las Vegas though.  Yep, I was from Sin City Nevada and damn proud of it.

My whole live I’d dreamed of being a showgirl and now that was all down the drain - nah I’m totally kidding you.

 But still, never in my plans did I think, ‘Hey you know what would be cool, moving to Craigstone.’

I put up the hissy fit of the century (one that would make Taylor Momsen proud), but my mom and dad just weren’t budging and even my 15 year old sister was excited about going…the little traiter!

I reckon if we went back five months and they knew what was gonna happen, they would’ve kept me as far away from this place as possible, or maybe institutionalized me, but it’s all the same thing.

Either way I never would’ve been allowed to come, but hindsight would be a fine thing.

I’m getting ahead of myself though.  The only way you’ll really get my story is if I start at the beginning - way back at the beginning when I first moved here.

“So are you girls excited to see the new house?” my over-enthusiastic mom asked from the front of the car with a big cheesy grin on her face.  I swear the women needs some Ritalin asap. 

“No,” I replied in a bored manor as my sister practically screamed, “Yes,” in my ear.  Make that two subscriptions then.

My mom turned and gave me the dirtiest look imaginable before turning back around to talk to my dad who was driving.

“Will you stop being so miserable, this place is gonna be great,” my sister said, bouncing up and down on her seat like she was about to pee herself.

I gave her my famous ‘What the hell?’ look before mouthing back “fuck you!”

“Mom Katie swore at me again,” she grassed me up, causing my mom to turn around and face me with her monster botox face.

“Katie stop swearing at your sister,” she told me, trying to raise her eyebrows but they weren’t going far.

“I never even swore at her,” I lied, whilst giving my sister Casey the finger.

“Mom tell her,” Casey whinged, indicating my finger which I quickly moved, all the while wanting to reach over and strangle her.

“Shut up you little freak,” I hissed at her, shooting her my even more famous death glare.

“No you shut up,” she countered, so I did what any good big sister would do and punched her in the arm.  Hey, I’m just toughening her up.

“Oww what was that for?” she screamed clutching her arm.

“Yellow Car,” I said punching her again.

“Oww mom,” Casey cried.

“Stop hitting your sister Katie,” my mom sighed in a bored voice.  I have a theory that my mom hates Casey’s whining just as much as me, and secretly enjoys it when I smack her around a bit cause she can’t do it herself.

“Why it’s just a game.  Yellow Car,” I answered punching Casey a third time as a yellow Volkswagen Beetle sped past in the opposite direction.

“Katie cut it out,” my dad warned sternly, and I slumped back in my seat.  It was one thing to wind my mom up, but an entirely different kettle of fish when you pissed my dad off.

I’d been stuck in this car for two hours already and I was seriously contemplating slitting my freaking wrists.  So I did the next best thing and pulled out my compact mirror to pose for a bit and touch up my face.

Out the corner of my eye I noticed Casey giving me a dirty look and was tempted to have another game of ‘yellow car’, but just ignored her in the end not wanting the agro.

“Nearly there now,” my mom shrieked, but I’m not really sure if she was speaking to us or herself.

Yeah, she’s got this weird habit of chatting away to herself - it’s a wonder I turned out normal.

Look at it this way: Freak of a sister - check!  Wierdo mom - Check!  Asshole dad - Check!

I swear I was found in a cabbage patch as a baby; there’s just no way I’m related to them.

The car suddenly stopped and my dad cut the engine off, bringing me bac to reality.

“Well here we are,” he told us.

Woohoo, I can barely contain myself.

I looked out the window at my new hellhole…cough I mean house. 

Okay so I’ll give them this, it was a nice house, but I still didn’t want to be here.

Everyone else had got out the car by now and were slowly making their way inside, so with a deep sigh and a flick of my blonde hair I got out and followed them to the front door.

I swear to god I saw nearly every curtain on the street twitch as I walked up as the bored housewife’s tried to catch a glimpse of the newcomers and I had to resist the urge to flip them off.

Well, I don’t know if they were all housewife’s but this street just screamed ‘skanky gold diggers’ to me.

My mom and dad were determined to give us the grand tour of the house, but I wasn’t even paying attention.  In my mind I’d already decided I wasn’t staying here for long so I was already plotting my escape back to Vegas.

“Ok, now this is our room, and you guys can choose which room you want upstairs,” my mom told us as we walked into the large bedroom.

I left their room and went upstairs to see five doors, one looked like a massive en-suite from where I was looking, and the others were all smaller ones with a shared bathroom, so I started making my way over to the bigger one.

In my mind I’d already decided that one was mine, and I was prepared to fight dirty for it.

Casey obviously didn’t get the memo though, cause the sneaky bitch tried to race past me to get to it first.

Without even thinking, I put my hands up and gave her a hard shove as she tried to get past, hearing her fly into the pile of boxes next to us.

Without even looking, I strutted into my new room and slammed the door in her face.

Even though I wasn’t planning on being here long, there was no way she was getting the best room!