Prologue~The Plan

"Mommy I don't want to go." Angie fidgeted in her seat. "I want to stay here with you and daddy!"

Angie's mother smiled warmly at her daughter. "Angie you are saving humanity."

Of course Angie didn't know what humanity meant but she nodded and continued to wait in the room painted white.

A door swung open.

"Mrs. Harrison?" The lady spoke. "I'm Ava Paige, head of WICKED."

Angie's mother shook Ava's hand politely.

"I promise you that Angie will be safe here. We have told you the details to the plan. The Flare will not reach her here or when she enters phase one." Ava spoke. "But since The Flare is destroying many memories of such beauty the world once had to offer. Id like to ask permission to change her first name."

Angie's mothers eyes widened. "To what?"

"Audrey." Ava told her. "After Audrey Hepburn."

Angie's mother thought it over, feeling regretful. "And you promise her safety?"

Ava Paige smiled a devious smile. "Of course Mrs. Harrison. Remember WICKED is good."

Audrey's mother knelt down beside Audrey. "Okay honey, this is goodbye for now okay?"

"I love you Mommy."

"I love you Audrey."

"Come along Audrey." Ava Paige smiled at Audrey. "Come meet Teresa and Thomas." Ava Paige opened the door. "You will grow up with them."

Ava Paige closed the door and Audrey's mothers' sobs filled the room beside them but Ava Paige walked Audrey into another room.

In two chairs sat a boy and a girl, both smiling normally.

"Thomas and Teresa, this is Audrey." Ava Paige introduced them to her.

They waved at her and invited her to join them as Ava Paige excused herself and walked out of the room.

Ava Paige spoke proudly into a chip. "We have completed Group A."