❤️Chapter Eight❤️

❤️❤️❤️❤️
"No, no... no" I rushed out of my office in hurry.
"Sir I was about to..." Baca voice went low to mute but I didn't cared and ran inside the lift. I hurriedly pressed the button for numerous times until the door closed.
As soon as lift door open I ran towards my car fetching the key from my pocket. I hurriedly got inside the car and drove away. My heart was beating out so loud. My head which was about to explode with headache a few minutes ago was now filled with only one thought "please don't let her pull that drawer. Please, please, please..."
I stopped my car outside the gate and rushed inside. As I ran towards my office Arvin came in my way saying "I was about to call you sir..."
"Arvin not now..." I said and ran inside my office and headed straight to the room where Lisa was.
As soon as I got inside stamping my feet hard on the floor Lisa startled and dropped the medicine from her hand. She was actually going to eat the medicine. I hurriedly pulled her away but she tried to pick the medicine from the ground.
"Arvin...." I called out.
He rushed inside and I asked him to collect all the medicine from the ground and from the drawer and take it outside the room. Well he was collecting the medicine Lisa still tried to break free from my grip and reach for the medicine. I tried to make her look away from the medicine but her gaze was fixed on every medicine which Arvin was picking.
"Lisa... look at me... Lisa look at me" I gripped her cheeks and tried to make her look at me. But she was not turning her face towards me.
"Lisa..." my loud voice was finally able to draw her attention towards me but she was not lifting her head and looking at me. I gently lifted her chin made her to look at me.
I saw tears rolling down her eyes. I gently wiped her tears saying "Lisa listen to me... it is not good to take medicine. Are you listening?"
"Lisa..." I looked deep into her eyes and saw her soul which was wounded and broken. I tried to know more about her pain from those eyes but I was not able to do so. Luckily I was able to calm down her down.
I knew her condition very well. I have been through this before. I too was in rehabilitation centre. I too struggled hard to get just one shot of drugs. I know the pain, the addiction, the anxiety everything she was going through.
"I think it is better you take her out" said Arvin who was still checking every drawer of the room.
I wrapped my hand around her neck and took her out of the room. We walked to the garden. I made her sit on the bench where she was sitting with her husband the previous day. She pulled my suit when I looked at her she gestured me to sit beside her.
"Do you want me to sit here?" I asked. She nodded her head up and down indicating 'Yes'.
I sat beside her. She kept her head on my shoulder. Her gaze was fixed on the same rose plant. There was silence between us for long time. I wanted to speak out but I had no words to say.
She then slowly lifted her hand and pointed her index finger towards the rose. I was not able to understand what she meant. So I asked her "do you want that rose?"
She didn't gesture anything for a while. But suddenly spoke out "I know that plant."
I was dumbfounded hearing her voice "you....you can speak." I stammered trying to figure out whether I heard her or not.
"Yeah..." she replied without anything but I wanted to hear her more.
"But your husband... he said you cannot..."
"I feel it unnecessary to talk in front of him and for him" she said which I didn't understand.
"If so then why are you talking with me?" I asked to keep the conversation ongoing.
"There are numerous reasons" she replied.
"Like...?" I asked.
"You are only the one who lit up light in my life" she replied.
I remembered last night she was screaming and when I lit up the light she came running towards me and hugged me tight. So, maybe she was talking about it.
"And...?" I asked again.
"The way you feed me no one ever did it to me" she replied.
"And...?"
"You wiped my tears away and instead of getting mad at me you calm me down" she said taking deep breath.
"And...?" I wanted to hear her voice for forever.
"And your presence soothes me..."
For a minute I felt my heart stopping listening her. There was total silence for some time until I asked her "why are you addicted to medicine?"
❤️❤️❤️❤️

And In Another Life I Will Make You Mine!! (Published on Smashwords)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara