CHAPTER ONE

Adamu was a  labourer who works were ever his services were needed just to earn a living.

He was working as a block lifter in a five star hotel being constructed by Alhaji Isah who happens to be a politician, known for his generosity and kindness. Adamu was a very hard working parson, he works with so much joy and happiness, like it was the dream of his life being a labourer.

On this faithful day, Alhaji Isah came around for survey, meeting only his Manager and Adamu. Alhaji Isah asked, we're are the rest of the workers?, they've gone sir, the manager replied. We actually closed one hour, twenty minutes ago the manager added. "Oh!" I remember, our agreement was from 8:00am to 4:00pm right?, Alhaji Isah inquired. Yes sir, it was, the manegar replied.

Who is that?, Alhaji Isah asked, sighting Adamu from distal. Its Adamu sir, the manager replied, he's such a hard working man, he normally stays behind one to two hours after the rest of the workers might have gone, the manager added. Call on him, Alhaji Isah ordered.

Adamu: Good evening sir.

Alhaji Isah: Evening, how are you?.

Adamu: Fine sir.

Alhaji Isah: Aside your work here, what other work do you do?

Adamu: Non sir, I only do that which is available.

Alhaji Isah: Are you married?

Adamu: No sir.

Alhaji Isah: Okay. I will like to appoint you as a manager to one of my shoprite.

Alhaji Isah, is such a parson that has the habit of trusting easily, but once his betrayed, the word trust won't come between you too again. Unlike the other politicians, Alhaji Isah monitors his business, projects and even his workers intermittently.

Adamu: OK sir. "Thank you sir!". I promise you won't regret it sir.

Its alright, Alhaji Isah replied with a feeble smile, seeing Adamu on his knees raising his hands up saying thank you sir, thank you sir, I promise you won't regret it. Thank you sir.

You see, this is the problem of this country, were those to be helped are left on their own, Alhaji Isah expressed sadness communicating with his manager.

Alhaji Isah, appointed Adamu as the manager to one of his shoprite, were Adamu now works from 10:00am to 6:00pm. It fells so comfortable, and easy Adamu expressed excitement being so ecstatic.

Adamu was not just a hard working man but also a very funny man which made most people liked him, but his a parson who likes showing off among his friends, long before he became a manager.

"He was such a lucky man!", looking at the sudden transformation from being a labourer to a manager, despite the fact his education stopped at secondary school level. I mean his so lucky, not everyone gets to have opportunities like this. Adamu now works like any other employed graduate, who's salary is been paid at the end of the month. 

Adamu was from a very poor family, who's father died in a car accident at his early age. He was barely 14 years when he lost his father and his two other brothers five years later to an out break. Being a very poor family who lives in a village very far from town, they couldn't afford going to hospital for treatment.

They aren't even aware they were affected, nor what type of  pandemic it was, living aside how to prevent one self from it.  A lot of people lost their life's and a lot were on sick bed before the intervention of the government.

It only became know to Adamu that, the pandemic which course the demised of his two other brothers was Corona Virus (Covid19). After recoding many more deaths, the government had to set a group of health workers and other bodies to investigate the course and tackle it. Even though it took a while to tackle, but they later did. He was left with his younger sister and mother  who works in the city as nannies.