I walked down the hallway to my bedroom and stopped in front of my door. It had the same wreath hanging from the front and there were still the little belles dangling from the door knob. I pushed the door open and stepped in. I was wrapped in warmth.

   My room looked exactly the same and I smiled at the sight of my things scattered across the room. My robe, and slippers. My jewelry, perfume, and make up on the vanity. My keepsake box and brush were on the mantle over the fireplace. The familiar scent of roses. The pictures I kept on the night stand. Everything about this room screamed Alessandra. Everything about this room screamed me. It was mine and it belonged to me.

    It was strange how I felt. I just couldn’t explain it.

Someone gasped and I turned around.

I smiled.

“What? No welcome home?”

Esmeralda stood in the doorway with Alma and Junebug behind her. They were holding bed sheets and a broom. Esmeralda smiled tossing the sheets to the side and walked over to embrace me.

“I missed you, smartass”

I laughed. “I missed you too”

Alma squealed. “Group hug!”

 I laughed and Alma and Junebug joined in.

“I missed you guys!”

“We missed you too!” Alma said.

I pulled away to look at them. “I have a plan” I said. “But I need your help”

Junebug raised an eyebrow. “What about?”

I went into my bag and wiggled my journal out. “You’re just going to have to trust me. And I need a dress”

Esmeralda raised an eyebrow. “What kind?”

“Red and sexy”

She grinned. “My time has come”

                                                      *********

“Ok again!” I said.

   Hope, Patricia, and Janice adjusted their microphones and sang a note. I smiled.

“Perfect!”

“Hey sexy!”

   I turned around and Ora was standing in front of the stage with her elbows on the stage. She moved her finger gesturing for me to come over. I excused myself and made my way over to her.

“Yes?” I asked.

Ora with her same attitude made a face and raised an eyebrow. “Ok, he’s coming is that all you wanted from me?”

I smiled at her. “You’re the best!”

She put her arms up. “I know, I know”

     The ball room was still decorated for Christmas, all the stunning trees, and red, green, and gold decorations. Today was the palace’s Christmas since the selected girls were back and we haven’t exchanged gifts yet. Eadlyn and King Amos were whispering on their thrones and when I looked their way Eadlyn smiled at me. I smiled back.

   I walked over to piano man and looked at the sheet music I wrote.

“Are you sure you can read my handwriting?” I asked.

He smiled. “Of course!”

       I smiled back. I couldn’t believe I was about to do this. I guess it was a risk wasn’t it? But I couldn’t be bothered. I finally felt like myself again wearing my first open back dress in weeks. It was a beautiful red Santa style dress with white fuzzy trimming on the hem, and on the long angel sleeves. The back was open, and the skirt rounded out like a bell under the black belt and it hit my knees. Of course, I had to wear the Santa hat but I tucked a rose into my hair just the same.