26. Just Another Day

Začať od začiatku

"Why are there elections only for the head boy? Why not for the head girl? I am sure many people want a new one", she asked.

"Because I am still alive and I haven't stepped down as the head girl. If you have a problem with my work, feel free to go and talk to the principal", told Nandini, calmly, and the hooting started in the class. Nandini wasn't the least bit surprised to find the cause of the chaos as Abhimanyu.

"I guess they have got your message, Nandini", interrupted the Professor.

"Thank you for your time, Professor. Sorry for interrupting", she said and tried to escape but he called her.

"Nandini, will you be able to manage all this along with the exams in the next month?", he asked, lowering his voice so that only she could hear him.

"Yes, sir. Of Course", she told, faking her confidence.

He leveled her a look that told her he didn't believe her.

"Sorry, I am skipping far too many classes this sem. I promise I will take help. Abhimanyu is there", she said, "and probably Manik too", she added as an afterthought.

Hearing the name of the new ideal student of space college seemed to satisfy him as he nodded and waved her off. "Go, rule your world and scare some kids", he muttered but she didn't miss the small smile on his face.

She grinned at him before leaving the classroom. He was the next best thing after the Principal for her. The peon was waiting for her outside the class. Nandini sighed. If this is what she was getting from her classmates, she didn't want to deal with the art students.

"We have to go to the Arts building?", informed Hari.

"What about the first-year science guys?", Nandini asked.

"Both the first years have combined classes and Arts 2nd years have joined along with them", he told.

"Are they having a party or what? Who even designs these classes?", she asked, rolling her eyes. "It's good they are together. We can finish it off altogether."

XXX

Why did she even think this would be easy? Nandini was in the seminar hall of the Arts block and has been answering the questions patiently for the past twenty minutes but the questions were never-ending. When she thought they finally ran out of their questions, she saw a hand being raised. She cursed under her breath. How could she even forget about the mighty Cabir Malhotra?

"Can I nominate my name too?", he asked as he tried to hide his smirk.

Unlike him, Nandini smirked openly. "Aren't you a first-year?", she asked.

"Yes, ma'am", he said.

"A warning to all the first years. If you think becoming a head boy will give you a free pass to bunk classes and escape studies then you can't be more wrong. You will have to do your head duties along with managing your studies. Is that clear, Mr. Malhotra?", explained Nandini.

"Perfectly", said the boy.

Nandini sent a warning glare towards him asking him to shut up, hopefully, he would understand. She was starting to lose her patience.

"Can I contest too? Given, it is my brother's post?"

Nandini didn't bother to confirm who it was. She would recognize the voice anywhere and she turned around to fake gasp. "Oh my god, Alya!", she exclaimed rather dramatically, "you never told me you changed your gender as we are conducting the elections for the head boy."