I used the action of cleaning up the bathroom for when guests get here as a distraction for the next few minutes. I was just connecting to the speaker to play Christmas music when Chat Noir burst through the door.

I flinched at the sudden intrusion, taking in his snow-covered costume and the stacks of bins and bags filled with food.

He ran over to the kitchen bar and dropped everything he was holding half haphazardly, which made me worry about the contents spilling over. He whipped around to face me in the living room. Staring for a second.

"Your- I need to use your bathroom, I'm gonna change back!"

He was taking off down the hall before I could even tell him where the bathroom was. I could hear the door slam shut, as I glanced at the hardwood floors which were covered in melting snow. Weighing my options I decided to follow the hero and check in.

"Chaton, are you okay?"

"Ya, I just wasn't keeping track of time. Do you have cheese?"

"Cheese, like any cheese?"

"Ya my kwami, he needs to regain energy to- Plagg cut it out!"

I could hear a smaller voice from the other side of the door, and my eyes widened. Chat Noir never really shared much about the specifics of his job, this was the most I had ever known. I resisted the urge to jump when the door opened just a crack.

My eyes widened as my brain registered a small black cat about the size of my palm flying up to float in front of my face.

"What the-"

"You got any cheese kid?"

It took me a beat to respond, thoughts finally catching up to me that this was happening. Opting to accept the situation and freak out later in private I responded.

"Ya as long as you explain your existence on the way."

The little cat nodded his head and flew up to rest on my shoulder. I turned down the hallway and made my way to the kitchen.

"I'm gonna kill Chat."

"You and I both."

His response startled me. I almost forgot that he was real in the brief time it took to make it down the hall. I reached the kitchen and set down the little cat gently on the counter. Snickers was burning circles in the floor with how widely he was zooming around at the prospect of a playmate. The cat looked at him in disgust.

I pulled the fridge open just as he began to explain.

"I'm Plagg. Chat Noir's kwami, I'm basically what gives him his powers. I come from the ring he wears and give him energy during battle. So once I'm tired, shows over."

I pulled open the crisper and moved around the contents until I found what I was looking for.

"And lately he's been stretching it a bit farther."

He grumbled crossing his little paws across his chest.

I took out the small wheel of brie I had tucked in the back of the crisper, using a butter knife to cut a wedge, and held it out to him. His eyes grew wide and he all but pounced on it, tearing into it.

"That might be my fault, sorry."

I packed up the rest of the wheel and put it in a Ziploc baggie, turning to the munching cat.

"I'm y/n by the way but you probably knew that."

He nodded without much thought, barely pausing in between his bites.