T.A. (Riot x Reader)

It's a sunny day on campus, the perfect kind of day to spend outside. As you walk to class, you can hear the birds chirping as wind rustles the trees above you. It's so nice out, I should do my studying outside today.

Your last class for today is across campus, so you made sure to leave early. Getting a good seat at the first lecture is important, plus you want to make a good first impression on your professor.

Upon entering the lecture hall, you notice that most of the seats are already taken. The last seat close to the front is on the right side of the third row next to the aisle. Better than in the way back, you think, setting down your backpack and pulling out your notebook.

Taking a second look around the room, you can't help but keep looking back at this one student. You can't see all of his face, partially because he is sitting across the room, but mostly because he's wearing a visor with a reflective eye piece. From beneath his head gear, he has the most amazing dreadlocks you've ever seen. Damn.

"Welcome to Public Speaking 101 everyone, I'll be your professor for the semester. If you look to the front of the room, you'll meet my T.A., Riot."

Upon hearing his name, the man in the visor stands up, faces the rest of the room, and waves. Although you can't see his face, for some reason you feel like his gaze lingers on you a bit before he sits back down.

"Before I forget," says the professor, handing Riot a stack of papers. "Could you hand these out to each row? Riot is going to pass you all the syllabus for this class. Please note that your final is not a written test, but an oral presentation."

With that, Riot stands up again, taking the papers and dividing out a chunk to pass down the first row. Then, he walks to your side of the room, passing another stack to the second row. When he hands you the syllabi to pass down, his gaze stays on yours for a second longer. His head sort of cocks to the side, and something tells you he's smiling under his visor. As he passes your seat, you could swear you heard him give low whistle, and then he keeps going down the aisle.

Slightly red, you return your attention to the front of the classroom. Must be my imagination, you think. He's just the T.A. You try to refocus, but all you can focus on is the man walking down the aisle behind you. He does look hella fine with those dread locks though.

"...so as an example of this method, I'm going to randomly call a student from my roster to give a short speech about any topic."

Shoot, already speaking in front of the whole class? That's a lot of pressure. Sure, he said any topic, but in that moment your mind went blank. Even though the air conditioning was on in the lecture hall, you start to sweat in your seat. Please, don't be me!

"Uh, let's go with... Ann Onimouse. Please, miss, come down here and try to talk for 3 minutes."

Oh thank God. A girl with dark black hair and super pale skin starts walking forward. Once she reaches the podium, she starts to talk about some online movement she was part of. It sounds interesting, but all of your body is hyper focused on the foot steps softly emanating from the steps behind you. He's walking back down the aisle.

As he passes, a slip of paper slides onto your desk. When you look up to say something, Riot keeps making his way back to his seat. Taking another look at the paper, you notice some writing on the inside.

I think your really cute, call me sometime?

Below the text is his number, plus an XO. Blood rushes to your face, and suddenly you can't wait for this class to end. So much for studying outside.