Three Little Words

"Tristan? Tristan. Tristan!" You're running around the house trying to find him.
You start to run down the hall and when you go to turn the corner you run into Tristan.
"Woah, babygirl, what's going on? Are you okay?"
You feel his hands trail down your arms and to your hips and it almost takes your breath away.
"Yeah- yeah everything is fine, I just- I wanted to talk to you." You say grabbing his belt loops.
"Okay." He laughs. "What's going on?"
"Uhh-" you look around and realize there's somebody coming down the hallway. "Not here." You say to him.
He laughs a little nervously this time. "Okay?"
"Can we go for a walk?" You ask him moving yourself closer to him.
"Uhh- yeah, yeah let's go." He says grabbing one of your hands and leading you to the door.
You guys start walking and when you get out of view of the house he looks at you. "Okay, what's going on?" He says in a serious tone.
"No, it's nothing bad, I promise!" You say stopping in front of him.
"Oh-" he says but you hurry up and press your lips to his before he can get another word out.
"What- what was that for?" He says taken aback by your random kiss.
"I just- I- Uhh-" you knew this was going to happen. Why are you so scared to tell this boy how you feel?!
"(Your name), are you alright?" He asks grabbing you and pulling you closer.
You take a deep breath as you hide your face in his chest. "I love you." You mumble softly while letting out the breath.
"What?" He says pushing your face back into view of his.
"I- I said," you take another deep breath and slowly let it out. "I love you Tristan." You finally let the words come out of your mouth while looking at the ground.
Tristan grabs your chin to make you look at him, with his deep blue eyes staring right into you he says, "I've waited so long to hear those words from you." He gently kisses you and when he pulls away he lays his forehead on yours while whispering softly "I love you."
Hearing him say those three little words bring tears to your eyes. And not tears of sadness, or even happiness, but they felt more like tears of relief.
"Why are you crying?" He says wiping the tears from your cheeks.
"I just, I've wanted to say that for a while I just let my past get the best of me, and I'm so happy I finally said it." You tell him letting one more single tear fall.
"Don't be scared of anything when it comes to us, I promised you I wouldn't hurt you and I meant that. Just like I meant it when I first tried to tell you I love you, because I do. I love you wholeheartedly. And I don't think anything is going to change that feeling I have about you." He tells you holding you tightly to himself.
You inhale the smell of him one more time before giving him a kiss and walking back to the house.