six. (6)

Ruth's POV

I'm just staring at Dejuane like he's some kind of crazy person. "You didn't tell me our parents were together." He looked at me embarrassed. "I didn't know it was your dad, all I knew was that my mom had a boyfriend. That's it." He put his hands up.

After the very awkward dinner, never thus to say I wish I didn't ask my dad to meet them in the first place. At least we got the truth out.

I showed Dejuane to my room and we laid down on my bed staring at the ceiling. "I think they're getting married." Dejuane turned to me putting his arm on his hair. "WHAT?!" I stood up.

No nope this is not happening.

"Ruth, I like you a lot. I don't want our parents to get married, if they do that means we can't date.." I cross my arms. "I'm not gonna ruin my dad's happiness, my mom left my dad with NOTHING. If he's happy, and he wants to get married I'll let him, being selfish is gonna us no where Dejuane and you know that."

Dejuane's POV

To be honest, I don't really want our parents to get married if they do end up getting engaged Like I wanna be with Ruth, and I can't be with her if our parents are together.

Ruth wants me to stay out their relationship but I don't know what to do, I'm conflicted. I'm gonna talk to my mom about it and see what she thinks.

*3 weeks later*

Ruth's POV

"WHAT!???!"

I stare at my dad, is he crazy!? Dejuane and his mom are moving in with us. "Say your joking right now and we can put this behind us." My dad stood up. "Girl does it look like I'm joking, now I want you to respect Ms. McCoy, and be nice to her son and act like family."

Family?!?! Be nice?!?

After my dad told me the announcenment, He also told me Dejuane and I were sharing a room. NO PLEASE NO NO NO NO NO NO. And you'd think your dad would understand your point of view cause your a girl and sharing a room with a random boy is "weird" but clearly that's the least thing on his mind.

Since we are gonna be a family, do I have to tuck away my feelings for Dejuane? This makes everything more intense, first the nudes and arguments... now him moving with us, COULD MY LIFE GET ANY WORSE??!

*Door bell rings.*

Yes. Yes it could.

I drag myself down the stairs and open the door, there Dejuane staring at me with his duffle bags. He puts on a nervous smile. "Hey..."

So throughout the rest of the evening, we had dinner and I got to know Dejuane and his mom more and now I think it might not be to bad. I'm still mad we have to share a room... cause like wtf? Can't he just sleep on the couch?!

I show Dejuane to my room and we get to organize his stuff and separate our drawers so each have equal space.

I slam his notebook on my counter. "Listen kid, I know you play football and all and your a boy but there are ground rules here. NUMBER 1, this is MY house, MY rules. NUMBER 2, you keep my room clean.. PERIOD no excuses. And lastly NO BOYS or your little friends over I don't care if y'all wanna play video games go to the park or something. Got it?"

"Got it mom." He starts laughing, I just roll my eyes and sit on my bed. He jumps on my bed besides me. "So what do we do now?" I open my notebook, "I'm gonna draw and you... can just watch Netflix or go on your phone I don't know."

*next day*

I feel so isolated.

Does everyone know that Dejuane is living with me? I feel like everybody is staring at me.. I go to my locker and Dejuane and Justin come up to me.

I've never told anyone. JUSTIN IS SO HOT LIKE WTH, CUTE PEICE OF CHOCOLATE.

"Hi..?" I close my locker. "Hey Ruth." Justin hugged me, he smells so good. It's weird feelings like this.. no one ever talks to me, like a new normal you know? "What's up D."

"Nothing, actually we came by to pick you up. Since we're gonna be hanging around more, thought I'd invite you into the friend group."

Friend group? I don't wanna be friends with his lil minions, they fake asf. I'm too good to hang around people like that, psshh !

"Thanks, but I'm good." Dejuane grabbed my hand. "I didn't ask you a question, you don't have a choice. And anyway, your gonna like them, they're really nice I promise." I had no choice but to follow him and Justin, I really wonder what his friends are like?

Dejuane's POV

I feel like introducing her to my friends is the best think to do. And, I'm still hoping our parents don't marry cause I really like Ruth and I'm not gonna let her go because of a new "stepdad".

"Ruth... this is Ansley, my best friend." She waves at her but Ruth just puts on a half smile.. I was expecting that. "Um, and you already know Justin, and over there is Andre, Tatie and I think you know everyone else.." She nodded. "Hi."

Ruth's POV

I would I rather be crawled up in my blanket watching Netflix than be here talking to his friends?

yes.

Ansley tried to get to know me, but she always gave me looks from the beginning of high school, like I said I'm not here to mess with fakes. She's lucky I'm gonna give her a chance cause her and Dejuane are friends.

Andre ugly, yeah from man cuteness I give him a 6.5/10. I know I already give Justin a solid 9.6 , but he looks like DaBaby am I trippin?

Anyway, after the period was over I walked over to my locker and started gathering my stuff for the rest of my classes, Ansley comes up to me. "Ruth..." ugh. I looked up at her. "Yes?" Trying not to say it with a attitude makes this conversation 10x worse.

"I just wanted to ask you if you like Dejuane cause you know sometimes I see you look at him.."

um okay?

"Uh, I don't like him.. why would you say that?" I closed my locker and put my shoulder over my bookbag. "Cause I like him, and I don't want anything to come between us. Especially not over you, please keep your distance. Now that I know.. thanks."

Excuse me?

WHO PUT THE DAMN MUFFINS IN THE FREEZER ?!?!? Now that your reading this.. please VOTE❤️