Ch. 13

The rest of the day was uneventful. I gave students information about my class and they tried to ask about my personal life which I refused to discuss with them. The rest of the week was similar with regards to how my days went. I found myself taking any spare moment I had meeting up with Dane. I enjoyed talking to him. We both had similar issues to talk about.

On Thursday however my day was different. I had received a letter from my mother requesting my presence at a party tomorrow night. Apparently they were invited to a Ball at Rosier manor which hadn't happened in a long time supposedly. The Rosiers got along with my family but they weren't close by any means. I found my mind shifting to Dane and wondering if our friendship was the reason for a sudden invitation. I quickly grabbed some parchment scribbling a reply.

Mother,
I would be happy to attend. Do you know what the ball is for? I assume it's formal so I'll have to transfigure a dress since I won't have time to shop for one. I will make sure to arrive at Rosier Manor promptly at 3. I will meet you all outside so we can enter as a family, I know you like to make a statement. I look forward to seeing you then.
Sincerely,
Isabelle

I folded the letter into the envelope sealing in with the Malfoy family seal. I got to my feet walking over to the Owlry. I found my black owl giving her a treat before handing the letter to her. I watched her fly off before I made my way to the great hall for dinner. I took my seat beside Snape. Once dinner had started I decided to tell Snape that I would be leaving the grounds tomorrow.

"Severus, I was wondering if it would be okay that I leave the grounds tomorrow?" I asked him. "My mother has invited me to a ball and usually she doesn't ask for me to attend functions."

"Of course. You are free to leave. Probably should have mentioned this but unless you have night watch you are free to do as you please in the evenings," Severus said as I smiled.

"Great. Thanks," I said turning to my meal. I finished the food quickly before heading to my room. I imagined a dress using my magic to transfigure a piece of paper into the elegant black gown. The dress had a slit up the left leg and a plunging neckline. I slipped the dress on to make sure the fabric fit. I adjusted the spaghetti straps looking in the mirror. I grinned at the dress which seemed like it was molded to my body. I then found a pair of black stilettos to go with the dress. I changed out of it hanging the dress in my closet. I flopped onto my bed drifting to sleep quickly.

The next day went by quickly and around noon I got a letter from my mother.

Isabelle,
Great. I am pleased you are coming. It is a birthday party for their son but don't worry we already selected a gift on behalf of the family. I look forward to seeing you in a few hours.
Love,
Mom

I smiled setting the letter down. I didn't have anymore classes to teach today as it was my free period. I decided to use my time getting ready for the party. I pulled the dress on and curled my hair. I had smokey eyeshadow and soft pink lipstick on. I also applied a soft blush to my cheeks. I slipped into my black stilettos before I glanced in the mirror. I looked like a proper Pureblood in this dress with the family crest standing out on my neck. I smiled before I apperated to where I told my parents I would meet them. I landed on the sidewalk when my mother came over to me.

"Isa, you look stunning!" She said her eyes looking me over.

"Thanks. You look beautiful as well. That dress is amazing," I said as she looked down at her sky blue silk dress. "Shall we?" I asked as my father came over. He and my mother entered first followed by me. When I entered I felt all eyes fall on me. I kept my head high while I walked further into the ballroom with my parents who quickly found the hosts.

"It's so good to see you Narcissa," Mrs. Rosier smiled kissing my mother's cheek before turning her attention to me. "And you must be Isabelle. I must say you are prettier than even I imagined." Heat rose to my cheeks at the compliment.

"Thank you. Your home is lovely Mrs. Rosier," I told her with a polite smile.

"I'm sure you've met my son," she said leading me away from my parents. "Dane," she said catching his attention. His dark eyes widened as he looked at me.

"Isabelle," he said with a smile playing at his lips. "I didn't realize you would be here."

"Well your mother invited my family so I came," I said as he shot a look at his mother.

"I have to check on the guests," she said conveniently making an excuse to leave. Dane laughed as I stepped closer to him.

"My mother isn't very subtle," he said as I nodded.

"It's okay. I'm sure our parents are probably over there watching us and secretly planning a wedding," I giggled.

"Well we are both purebloods so it makes sense," he said simply. "I am still amazed she invited you to my birthday party."

"I hadn't realized it was your party. Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday?" I questioned as he shrugged. I gave him a playful push as he smirked.

"It's not a big deal," he said as I frowned.

"A birthday is a big deal," I stated as he stared at me for a few moments.

"Sorry. I'll be sure to inform you next time," he promised.

"Good," I said with a light laugh.

"Care to dance?" He asked me abruptly.

"I'd love to."