Chapter five

With his knee bouncing up and down, Anthony waited for December to walk through the door. He wanted to ask her out to dinner, without Isaac. It had been a week since they had gone bowling, and December was nonstop talking to Anthony, and they both loved it. They hadn't realized it yet, but by the time school was over they would be closer than ever.

"How was your break?" Anthony heard Isaac ask December. He grimaced as he saw her nuzzled perfectly under his arm, her eyes sparkling as she looked up at him. They talked about who knows what, December laughed and smiled throughout the conversation. Anthony had to resist the urge to go over to them and take December away from Isaac, but he couldn't. He couldn't move from his place, Kristian sat right next to December. And worst of all, they hugged and began talking. He didn't know they had started talking, let alone become friends.

Meanwhile, December could feel Anthony's eyes on her. Looking over to him, December smiled and began to gather her stuff to go over to the lonely boy. Much to Kristian's dissaproval, December cut the conversation short and went straight to Anthony. Hugging him, December sat down and talked about how well the break went for the both of them, talking until the late bell rang. Then, and only then, did they stop talking but instead Anthony grabbed onto her hand; December was, needless to say, surprised but let his warm hand engulf her tiny one.

"Okay, class. We are going to go around the classroom and saying what was the highlight of your vacation and what was the worst part of your vacation was." Miss. Lane annouced, clapping her hands in excitement while everyone around her groaned. Each kid went, some hiding their face in shame, others smiling a smile that didn't seem to fade. December went, as did Isaac and Kristian, and last be not least, was Anthony.

"The worst part of my vacation was being apart from December, the best part was being able to call her everyday. Even when she burned her finger by accident and cussed out the pan," He smiled, not taking his eyes off of the vision of lovely next to him. Deecmber hid her face in her sweater, equally embarrassing and extremely happy. They started a new lesson and turned their attention to their teacher, Anthony's and December's hands never going apart. Class ended sooner than December wanted it to, her smile fading just a bit when they got up to leave.

"December, I really like you. And i was hoping you would like to go on a date with me? Maybe Friday at eight?" Anthony asked as he walked her to her second period. December was taken back, but regardless, she nodded and burried her head into her hands. He chuckled, pulling her into his chest and kissing her forehead and pulled away. Squealing when he went to his class, December quickly took out her phone and had a three way call with Anarchy and Rose.

"I'm finally going out on a date with the guy of my dreams." She smiled, moving her hair out of her face.

Friday came sooner than expected and December sped home, so eager to go on a date with Anthony. How was she able to attract someone as perfect as him, how was he attracted to someone like her? All she was was a depressed, suicidal, worthless, and pitiful girl. He could have Kate Upton or someone better than December, to her, any girl or guy was better than her and she didn't understand why anyone would put up with her.

"And why are you so smiley?" Her twin brother, Phoenix asked her, poking her dimpled cheek. She laughed, shaking her head and telling him all about Anthony. She talked about his favorite foods, soccer team, color, and almost everything else there is to know about him.

"I asked why you were smiley, not a biography on him. Anyways, i have to go, tell me how it ends up 'lil sis." He smiled, taking a bite of his apple and ruffling her hair. She huffed, but couldn't help but smile at the thought of Anthony. Rushing to her bedroom and tripping over many stairs, December perpared herself for her first date with Anthony.

Anthony was doing the same, fixing his hair just the way December likes it and making sure the one spot of hair that always bothered was pulled back.He looked at his watch and saw that the time was 7:52 and he rushed to his car. Making sure he grabbed the pink, red, and white roses (December's favorite roses), Anthony raced over to December's home. Parking in front of her hous, he walked to the front door and knocked lightly. The door opened a minute later and a guy around Anthony's age opened the door.

"Ahh, so you're the guy that's taking my sister out. Look, she's real fragile, so if you hurt her in any way, i will hurt you. And by the time I'm done, you'd be wishing you never met her." The man towered over him, narrowing his eyes at him. Anthony noded, putting one hand in his pocket.

"I would never wish that. I love seeing your sister on a daily basis and i would never want that taken away from me." Anthony was able to get out, looking straight into his eyes.

"Alright, I'm Augustus. This is my sister Grayson, that there is my brother Phoenix. You'll be seeing us more than our dad and stepmom." He smiled, then frowned slightly at the mention of his stepmother.

"Quite grilling my date, Gus." He heard her angelic voice say. He turned his head to the direction the sound came from. He took a deep breath in and smiled, walking towards her and giving her the flowers.

"You look stunning, December, you really do." Anthony grinned, his eyes sparkling as he did. A cherry red tint went to her cheeks and she mumbled a quiet 'as do you'. He stared at the girl in front of him, in complete awe of how perfect she looked. From her dark red lips, to her stunning blue eyes surrounded by dark make up. Good god,she's perfect.

"Awh, look at our baby sister!" Grayson exclaimed, taking pictures of her little sister and her date. December gave her the finger and went off with Anthony, who held the car door open for her. She put on her seatbelt and waited for her man to get into the car. Once he did, he started the car and began driving to their destination.

"Where are we going?" December asked, giving her puppy eyes to Anthony.

"That, baby girl, is a surprise."