13. Amber Alert

Taylor's POV

Tyson and I were silent the whole trip. No one dared to talk. I had idea's of things to talk about, but when I glanced at Tyson, his grip on the stirring wheel turned his knuckles white and he gritted his teeth.

I stared out the window until I heard Tysons phone ring. I looked at him and he dug into his pockets. He quickly silenced it and returned to the road. I stared at him, wasn't it important? I opened my mouth to speak, but then stopped, thinking it was a bad idea. But of course I couldn't help the feeling.

"What is it?" I asked him. He kept his eyes on the road and said, "nothing." I was hurt that he couldn't trust me. Maybe I was wrong about him...

Tysons POV

We sat in silence the whole trip. Taylor's face would scrunch up and try to think of somthing to talk about, but then let it slip. I was disappointed to see that she was hesitant to talk to me.

My phone rang and I cursed in my head. Grrrrr. I ran my hand through my pocket to try and silence it, not even staring to see what it was, because I already knew what it was. It was an Amber Alert for Taylor. She was every where, I got small clips of her parents crying and yelling. I was glad Taylor didn't have a phone, she had kept her mind off her parents in such a long time, I didn't want to deal with the road, and a crying, sad, beautiful girl.

She stared at me when I didn't even bat my eye at it. She opened her mouth, but then closed it. Then, curiosity got the best of her and she said, "What is it?" I kept my eyes on the road, not daring to meet her gaze. "Nothing," was all I could muster. At the corner of my eye, I saw a flash of hurt, and I could tell that she was debating on why she gave me an extra chance. I was angry at myself for doing that. Great. Now she likes you even less. So much for plan becoming Taylor's boyfriend. I saw the house and was relieved to break the tension.

I got up and opened Taylor's door like a gentleman. She just nodded at me and I gritted my teeth. She hates me now. I liked Taylor, ever since my eyes flashed to her. She wasn't a brat like a lot of girls and was really shy and kind. She didn't smile a lot, but when she did, it was something that shouldn't be held to anyone but her. She was like a piece of heaven that slipped and ended infront of me. Her smile and laugh was something to cherish and celebrate at. She was gorgeous, and she didn't even know it.

We glanced that the house, and my heart broke.

Taylor's POV

Tyson came to open my door, but I was wary with his secret that I just nodded. I was sure I saw him grit his teeth. We glance up at the house and I heard Tysons heart break. I let out a small gasp and took a step forward. Tyson, he ran to it.

I heard him shout when he entered, I was on his heels. He ran into all the rooms, shouting the names over and over. Greg! Shelly! Greg! Shelly! Greg! Shelly! He gradually got louder.

He finally gave up, plopping down by me and ran his hand through his hair. It was my turn. Greg? Shelly? No response, just the silence and creaking of the old house. "No, no, no," I said. Tyson didn't want to believe it. I ran outside and saw a piece of paper nailed to a post. It read:
To The Residents Of This House:
Please be informed that this house is under debt and is being taken away. This does not concern Mr. Tyson Kingsley. This residence will be taken down by force if not given the money. Thank you for you time.
Hunter Dalvic

I gasped when I read who made this. Hunter Dalvic!? He took Greg and Shelly!? I was sure this house was not in debt. They kidnapped them! This is defiantly a trap, but what would they do to Greg and Shelly? Would they kill them? Would they torture them? I didn't even want to know.

I looked back in the house at a broken Tyson. Should I tell him? The information said to not concern Tyson Kingsley, which I guess was him. If I did, he would want to save them and then get killed. I shuddered at the thought without him. He was my kind of guy. Wait, what? What the heck am I talking about? Stupid mind.

I folded the page into a small square and dug it in my back pocket. I would have to dispose of it later. I walked up to Tyson and placed my hand on his shoulder. He seemed surprised and stood up. "I'm sorry, Tyson. I really am." He just looked at me and gave me a sad smile. "You're crying." I froze and felt a tear slide down my face. I quickly wiped it away and smiled at him, trying to get my mind off of it. Stupid emotions.

Just then, I heard Tysons phone go off once again. He froze and quickly turned it on silent. Oh no you don't. I'm not going to make that mistake again. This time, I grabbed it from him and scanned the phone. He flinched when I gasped and read the article on the phone screen. This, made me angry.