4. RAP

Tyson and I rode in silence the whole time. Not one peep, or anything. Silence. I stared ahead, thinking something with red eyes will pop out.

   Of course, I was right. A big, human body landed hard but graceful right infront of the vehicle. I screamed. Tyson pulled over but it was too late. The thing was too fast. It ripped open my door and grabbed me by my shirt. "I will destroy your kind!" It said in a powerful voice. I sobbed and screamed at the same time. It pointed a crossbow at my head, and right before he pulled the trigger I heard a loud, "Wake up!"

   My eyes bursted open, I was screaming. We weren't moving anymore, we seemed to be in the country. It was just a dream. Without control, I started to cry. I cried and sobbed, those eyes never leaving my mind. I felt a warm hand on my shoulder and I realized Tyson was there, looking at me with worried eyes. He was out of the car and opened my door. I got up from the car and hugged him, still crying on his jacket. "It was just a dream," he said soothingly, running his hands back and forth on my back. I repeated the words, "Red. Eyes. Screaming. Killing. Danger. Help."

   "It's okay, calm down," Tyson said. Once I stopped crying, I let go of him and saw the wet puddle of tears on his jacket. "I'm sorry. This isn't me," I whispered. He waved it off and pointed to the house.

   It was run down, like a barn, but not. It looked abandoned from the outside and inside. It seemed to be a 3 room house. Bathroom, living room, and kitchen. Tyson gave me a small tour when I noticed other people. There was a man, about in his 30 or 40's. Then a woman, about the same age as the man. I looked at Tyson with a confused face.

   "That's Greg," he said, pointing at the man. "And that's Shelly," he said pointing at the woman. They both gave me warm smiles. I nodded in return, and smiled.

   "So, who are you people?" I started. I didn't notice until now that they all looked super tired, as if they have been working day and night. "Later, tomorrow maybe," said Greg. "We need sleep," said Shelly. I nodded, my cheeks turning red. How could I be so rude?
   They all started walking towards the living room, where I also just noticed had 3 matresses lain down. There was no other furniture in there.

   "I'll give you my bed," said Tyson. I looked at him and shook my head. "It's okay, I'll sleep on the ground," I said while smiling at him. Tyson shook his head and said, "No, I insist." I stared at him, but I knew one thing, there was no point in fighting.

   Greg and Shelly were already tucked into their bed and were already sleeping when Tyson found a spot to sleep in. I laid down on the matress, feeling every crease. The faint smell of male entered my nose, and I fell asleep quickly.

-

   I woke up at around midnight. My mind racing, I couldn't sleep. I silently got out of bed, looking at everyone in peaceful sleep. I stared at Tyson, his features calm. I envied his sleep. I opened the door with a small creak and went outside.

   We were near a small forest. If you climbed a tree, you could see the city lights. So thats what I did. I walked around, roaming and exploring. I climbed a tree and saw the pretty lights. I smiled wearily at the distant shadows. I walked along a path and found a small stream.

   "Fancy seeing you here," came a voice that seemed husky from sleep. I quickly turned into a shadow. I knew I couldn't take chances. It was Tyson. He looked around, worried. "I'm sorry!" He said.

   I turned back into a human, but closer to him. "Tyson," I said, sounding a bit weak. He looked at me. I shrugged, "You can't be too careful."

   We walked together in silence. Tyson looked like he wanted to say something, but didn't. I trekked on, getting wozier and wozier until I fell. Tyson quickly caught me, looking at me in a strange way. "Sorry, I feel weak when I turn into a shadow," I said, getting up from his grip and rubbing my forehead. "We should turn back then. Your going to go through alot of things tomorrow," He said. So, we ran back to the house.

   Morning dawned and I awoke with a big yawn. From Greg's small speech, Shelly must have gone out and bought me clothes and accessories. I dug through the bag, picking out a black long-sleeve shirt with a blouse, and some jeggings and boots. I came out of the bathroom with a clean scent, fresh makeup, and new clothes. Shelly seemed proud, Greg clapped for her, and Tyson stared. I blushed at the sudden attention.

   We ate breakfest in silence, until everyone gathered in the living room. I sat with Tyson on his matress while Shelly and Greg stood.

   "We owe you an explaination," came Greg's voice. I nodded. "We'll tell you everything. So, we are RAP. RAP stands for Rescuing Abnormal People. We tracked you down, knowing that the hunter will come for you next. So, we sent Tyson out to defend you and keep in eye out for you. I hope we wasn't much trouble. We told him to bring you back as soon as possible. And your here now. Under our protection," said Shelly.

   I cleared my thoat. "Are there others like me?" I asked. This time, Greg answered. He said, "Yes, you come from an abnormal power. No one really knows what happened, but judging by how you came to be, is by your birth. Some parents say they doctors drugged you with something that cannot to be taken or reversed. You all have different powers, no judging what they are either. You were the guinea pig's to the doctors. Testers. The doctors realized how dangerous you and your kind are, so they set up a hunter to kill all. Some didn't even know they had this power, others found out quickly. If they knew or not, the hunter was set out to find and kill them."

   I shivered. I'm not alone. "So, are you guys human?" I asked. They all nodded. "What about the hunter?" I knew by the looks of their faces this was a very sensitive topic.

   "His name is Dalvic. Not a very human name, no. Actually, not even a name at all. He came from a line of hunters, but not abnormal hunters. Deer, buffalo, rabbit. Those hunters. He is great with the cross bow and guns. Some say, if he gets angry enough, his eyes will grow red. His voice is not like a human voice at all. But he is human. No trace of abnormal blood anywhere," said Shelly.

   I nodded. I didn't realize Tyson was staring at me the whole time, gripping my waist hard. I let out a small moan of pain, and he let go a bit. I knew enough.

   "I think that covers it," said Greg. I sighed, hating my power. I bit my lip and went outside. "Where are you going?" Asked Tyson, a worried look on his face. I looked back and smiled, trying to reassure him. "I'm going to run," I said. And before he could say anything, I ran off, a dust trail leaving footprints to where I went.