3. The Suicidal Parade

We stared at each other for a few minutes, our hands wrapped tightly around each other. "We must leave. Now," came Tysons husky voice. I nodded, thinking it was best. "How do we get out?" I asked.

   He smiled and said, "I don't attend this school. You do. I attended it, to keep you safe." I looked at his thoughtful face, then looked at the message in blood. "So, I need to get out of here," I said quietly. Tyson shrugged. "Your the one with the power, not me. It should be easy," He said encouragingly. I nodded again, feeling beads of cool sweat run down my neck. "I'll be outside by the car when your ready," Tyson said and let go of my grip, but kept his eyes on mine.

   Tyson rounded a corner until he disappeared. I wanted more than anything to have him still by my side, I felt as if something was going to pop up infront of me and kill me. I shook my head and started to walk.

   I was about at the front doors when the bell rang and I heard a bunch of gasps and screams of horror. I flinched and closed my eyes. I could hear the faint whispers of students saying over and over, "Who's Taylor Stephens?" My eyes shot open and I opened the doors. Some teachers looked at me warily and moved on.

   I searched the parking lot for Tyson, until I felt electric blue eyes staring at my back. I shivered and turned to see Tyson locking eyes to me.

   He leaned against is slick, grey Porsche with his hands tucked in his pockets. I gulped, and looked back at the building. I could have sworn I saw a glass broken window by the dead girl. No matter, we're leaving.

   Tyson opened the shotgun seat and I sat. He gave me a small smile, and I did too. He then, rushed to open his side and he started the car.

   The car made a almost not noticeable jerk and we pulled out. I stared at what used to be my school. Somewhere safe, he said. As soon as I knew it, we were on the road.

   We entered the highway, our voices never speaking. I started to get more nervous when traffic came, thinking what if the hunters find me now? "Hey," said Tyson, his voice gentle. "Don't think about that, think of... think of me."

   I stared at him, I have never thought about a boy since he came along. But before I could scold him, he sighed. "What?" I said while looking around, ready to become one with the shadows again. "I know why theres traffic," he said while groaning. "Why?" I asked. He looked at me and said, "There's a parade."

   At first, I thought who cares? "And that means?" I said, growing impatient. He sighed and said, "we can either wait here for like 2 hours, or we can go enjoy the parade."

   I searched his eyes for sarcasm or amusement, but none was there. He was completely serious. "Are you trying to kill me?" I hissed. "Thats suicide!"

   Tyson rolled his eyes. "Taylor, I'm pretty sure I won't leave you out of site. I can protect you." I looked forward and shut my eyes and drew deep breaths. This isn't happening. "Okay, lets go," I said in a more confidant voice. Tyson raised an eyebrow at me, but switched lanes and we tried to find parking.

   After 10 minutes of searching, we found a parking spot. "There," I said. Tyson parked, but before he stopped, I leaped out. I lost some balance and was about to hit the ground, when I formed into a ball and rolled to safety. Then I leaped up and held out my arms to help my balance. I let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding.

   I looked behind me and saw a gaping face of Tyson. I giggled at his face and motioned my hand to him, saying "You coming?!"

   He nodded, and quickly got out of the car. "How did you do that?" He asked. I shrugged. "Instinct." Tyson didn't even look convinced. We ran to the entrance. A couple police questioned us. "What are you kids doing here? Shouldn't you be in school?" They said. I gulped. "We're home schooled," Tyson said. "You don't look alike, like sister and brother," said one policeman. "We're boyfriend and girlfriend. We leave near each other and our parents let us have a small break," said Tyson. I was shocked and looked at him. What was he saying? I caught one small wink from him.

   The policemen let us through with a small glare. We stared back and we walked through. I didn't want to talk, so I just tucked my hands in my pockets and shut my lips.

   We watched floats, cars, horses, etc until I felt like we were being watched. I looked around, staring at alot of happy faces. Tyson was right by my side. "Tyson," I whispered. He instantly looked at me and checked me for wounds. "Whats wrong? Are you hurt?" He said, sounding worried. I gave him sympathy for sounding worried for me, but something was wrong. "Do you get the feeling we're being watched?" I asked quietly so no one could hear but Tyson and I. "Not really," he said.

   I closed my eyes and concentrated. Tyson looked at me with worried eyes. "There is something defiantly watching us," I said.

   Just then, everyones balloons popped. Everthing was silent for a second or 2 when everyone saw nothing of it. I looked at Tyson with alarming eyes. "Its him."

   Just then, I saw a pair of black eyes on me. I turned away, but saw in the corner of my eyes that they turned red. "Tyson, I know where he is. He's coming for me right now," I said. I was on the verge of turning.

   Tyson grabbed my arm and pulled me away. I went with him and ran. I heard screaming, crying, pleading, and yelling. He was torturing people. Tyson then grabbed my waist and carried me to the car. He must have sensed my sudden shock and I was about to turn. "Don't, there's too many witnesses," he huffed. We came to the car and drove off as fast as we could.

   I let go of my breath. "Maybe you were right," Tyson mumbled. I looked at him sympathetically. "Don't down yourself too much Tyson," I said.

   He smiled at me, and for once, I actually gave a pure smile back.