But I gave in after Luke's hands grabbed onto my shoulder, and then slid down until they were holding mine slightly. He pouted and tried not to smile. "Fine. I don't know why you're so desperate."

"Hey, I'm just being friendly. We don't need you soaking wet when you get home."

"Yeah, can't have that, can we? I'll just go to Michael's." No, I wasn't. I couldn't. And Luke knew we were kind of fighting, anyway, so that attempt to lie was pointless.

I still haven't become fully used to the fact that Luke was a part of the cheating. Even when he told me that he had no idea at first -- he still knew after a while. And he still let it happen.

"His house is farther than yours."

We still stood facing each other near his bedroom door. There was only one dim light lit in the corner of his room, and my neck was beginning to hurt from having to look at this giant man creature in front of me.

Seriously, how can someone be so tall but so small?

"Why do you want me to stay so bad?" I asked, tilting my head the same way a dog would.

And in that moment, I swear I was a dog. Ha.

"I have a problem."

I resisted the urge to say, 'yes, you do. I think it revolves around the fact that your girlfriend is probably cheating on you, too. Yay, celebration.' I didn't want to make the boy cry. Though he probably wouldn't of. "Is it a problem that boys have?"

"Do all boys have problems involving someone nine hours away?" Despite having told me he was going to, and me gladly willing him on to do so, Luke has still failed to actually break up with Brooke.

"Do you want me to answer honestly or with discretion?"

"What would you tell me if I said honestly?"

"I think I'd go, 'not all boys, but most of the earth's population of them, probably.' You know, something like that." Sometimes I want to laugh at myself, but instead I've stuck with just telling my inner self that I'm funny. Boost the self esteem.

He groaned, obviously not impressed by my attempt to make this situation lighter. Wow, tough crowd. "Seriously, Michelle. I know you don't like her. Best friends are supposed to help each other."

"Who said we were best friends?" My eyebrow raised when he turned around to look at me, now moving to go lie down on the bed. I was just messing with him, I'd consider him a friend. A really, really good friend who happened to make me strangely happy.

I watched him struggle to find an answer until I started giggling. "I'm kidding, relax."

No, Michelle. We do not giggle. You're completely ruining your punk exterior.

He went to lie down next to me, both of us turning to our sides. It was quiet for a few seconds, staring off into space at nothing in particular.

I heard him sigh quietly, bringing my attention back to his tired eyes. "So about that problem?"

"What?" He was no longer laying on his side facing me, but on he moved so his arms were on either side of my head and his legs were over my waist.

"You're part of it." Luke whispered and began playing with his lip ring, which he always seems to do when he's concentrating.

"Wait, what?"

His angelic laugh filled my ears, and he looked at me in mock-confusion. "That kind of came out wrong."

"Well, yeah," I said, eyes still slightly widened.

His eyes twinkled and he chuckled. "I'm just trying to say it's a problem that I want to kiss you all the time." Luke's eyes flickered across my face, looking nervous.

"That's not my fault," I said, trying to play off how it made me feel.

"I think this time it is."

"I'm so sorry then, Luke, for being so, so kissable," I laughed, "Is that what you wanted?"

"No, I actually want to kiss you," he rolled his eyes and adjusted his arms, still positioned beside my head.

"We just went over that." I was hoping he couldn't notice the smile that was starting to stretch across my face, because I still needed him to realize he can't do what he wanted until he could choose between two people. But that idea was starting to become clouded in the back of my head due to what was happening at the moment.

"But you didn't disagree with the idea," he smirked down at me.

"I didn't agree to it, either."

"Do you though?"

"Well, I mean -- it's not like I would--"

"Good," Luke smiled just as he quickly move his head down to plant his lips on mine, waiting until I responded to continue. When I did, he smiled again.

And I smiled, too

and I should feel bad

but I don't.

------------

i cried when i found out the boys listen to brand new not even kidding bye ((on the topic of music i think im just gonna leave a random song that im listening to on the side or at the top even tho my music taste is trash bc i can do whatever ok))

THEY KISSED DO YOU LOVE ME FINALLY

this chapter was supposed to be up on the 26th but as a happy holidays/merry chirstmas eve here ya go