chapter thirty-two

hyunsuk and the manager came by just in time for dinner. mom and dad insisted that the manager stayed for dinner, but he told us to enjoy the food ourselves since he had to run errands.

mashiho and i were setting up the table, while hyunsuk and my parents were working on plating the food.

to spare time after setting the table, i turned on the tv and took mashiho's hand, leading him to the sofa.

as soon as we sat down, mashiho began to yawn, so i patted my lap and told him to lie down. within a matter of seconds, i found him sound asleep.

i never took the time to acknowledge how adorable mashiho looks while sleeping. gently caressing his face, i admired his soft features, his contagious smile still visible on his face.

"you really love him don't you?" dad whispered over my shoulder.

i smiled and looked up, "i guess i do. i really do love him."

"well, whatever my big princess loves, i love," mom smiled, joining the conversation.

"ready to eat?" hyunsuk asked from the kitchen.

"uhm .. you three go ahead and eat first. i'll stay here and let him sleep a little more," i whispered.

"don't worry, i'll make sure to eat later," i assured, knowing that a lecture about not eating enough was soon to come.

mom nodded and headed to the dining table, dad following her. with the distant voices of my family and the sounds from the tv, i couldn't help, but keep my focus on mashiho.

i brought my hands back up to gently touch his features.

"i know you can't hear me right now and although i've told you this many times, i wanted to say thank you for everything and i love you so so so much. having you in my presence has made everything so worth it. if we told our story to someone, it would probably seem like everything happened so fast, but every second that goes by feels like an eternity that could be photographed and framed. and i honestly have no clue what i just said," i chuckled.

"but mash, since you're asleep, i just wanted to speak about my thoughts and hopefully be brave enough to tell you honestly one day. i love the fact that you know me. i love the way you call me those names that make my heart flip. i love the way you hold me. i love the fact that you treat me like there is never a tomorrow. you've made me feel a type of happy that no one has made me feel before. so in the future, if and whenever we argue, i just want to apologize before hand because it'll probably be my fault. but it'll be the arguments that happen that'll make us stronger," i said, getting really deep and into my emotions.

"it makes me upset thinking about how i wasn't able to meet you earlier in life, but it makes me happy to think about us right now and where we could and would be in the future. even saying happy is an understatement. i have sleepless nights thinking about you, but you're one of the few reasons why i wake up. and i really hope that the people in heaven that are watching over us see how much i love you because i want you to be my today and tomorrow, my now and forever," i finished, taking mashiho's hand in mine, caressing it.

with all my attention on our hands, i didn't notice the small tear that fell from mashiho's eye. i also didn't notice how he was looking up into my eyes.

"haeun-" mashiho whispered, receiving wide eyes from me when i saw his teary eyes.

"ma— are you crying?" i whispered back, not getting any time to speak further.

mashiho sat up and faced me allowing my lips to feel another pair of lips. this kiss was nothing like any other. it was different. different in a good way. it was full of more meaning. full of more emotion. full of more love.

the both of us pulled back and i rested my forehead on mashiho's.

"i heard you. i heard everything and i- you basically just said everything i've ever wanted to say to you. everything you just said could not have been said better. i love you too and i won't ever stop loving you because you are my angel. the angel that is perfect in every way," he whispered.

i smiled, feeling the heart melting feeling i've always felt with mashiho and wiped his teary eyes.

"aww, mash .. why are you crying? you're gonna make me want to cry. stop it. you aren't allowed t-"

*kiss*

the next few minutes consisted of mashiho giving me surprise kisses while i complained about him not warning me about the kisses and we ended up hugging each other to death.

"silly how far social media could bring us because one minute we were two artists that knew little about each other. then the next, you became my world and i became yours," mashiho smiled.

i think it's safe to say that our planned love story is a destined journey that starts at forever and ending at never.
———
anddd instagram||mashiho is complete.