chapter seventeen

(so this is a little text au that leads into like a story story i guess you can say. think of this as the little chat section of instagram. and also- i've changed her birth year to 2002 so she's a year younger now)
——————————————————————
yg.mashiho
haeun

choi.haeun
yes?

yg.mashiho
what is your schedule
looking like?

choi.haeun
just a few meetings
and photoshoots

yg.mashiho
are you scheduled for
anything on the 24th?

choi.haeun
no, that's the day before
my birthday and my
company usually gives us
a birthday week break, so
i'm free that whole week

yg.mashiho
great! then uh do you want
to go somewhere one day
that week with me?

choi.haeun
i'd love to

yg.mashiho
since you said you're free
that whole week, how about
we hang out everyday until
your birthday? take that as
my birthday present to you

choi.haeun
woah are you sure?
do you not have anything
to do that week either?

yg.mashiho
no, but even if i did, i
wouldn't miss out on
spending time with you
during your birthday
week and you know that

choi.haeun
well your plan sounds great!

yg.mashiho
alright! leave the planning
to me. you don't have to
worry about anything at
all. i have everything
under control alright?

choi.haeun
alright! thank youu

mashiho pov:

after texting haeun about her birthday week, i couldn't help but smile. i can already picture her being excited about everything.

zoning back into reality, i realized what i just told haeun. i have everything under control.

"aish!! i don't have anything under control! nothing!!" i yelled, not knowing there was someone in the room.

"mashiho. earth to mashiho. why are you yelling?"

i look up from my phone and see hyunsuk standing at my door. i signaled for him to come to my bed and sit so i could show him my conversation with haeun, not caring about the fact that he was her brother.

"WHAT!?? you're REALLY going to spend the WHOLE week with haeun for her birthday week? woah," hyunsuk chuckled.

"good luck with that," he laughed, "haeun hates anything and everything to do with surprises."

i scrunched up my face at his words because the whole week is supposed to be or was supposed to be full of surprises.

hyunsuk laughed again and put his hands on my shoulders. "relax mashiho. i'm kidding. if i know anything about haeun, she LOVES surprises. but not as much as she loves you," he smirked.

i nervously chuckled, "w— what are you talking about?"

"my sister has you wrapped around her mind. every time she calls to check up on me, she always asks about you and how you're doing. and i know how you two have been flirting in her comment section. it's cute. your little love thing is cute," hyunsuk stated.

listening to his words, something inside of me was happening. i was feeling something i've never felt. i guess with the life i have going on, i've never really thought about dating anyone. seeing all my sunbaes and how dating rumors spread like wildfires. it's scary.

"whatever it is that you two have going on .. i support it! just don't hurt my little sis huh? she's too precious for that alright?" hyunsuk smiled.

i nodded as he stood up and began to head out. before he shut the door, he turned back around, smiled, and said "mashiho fighting!"

i smiled back and went back into my deep thoughts.

i guess i have developed something for haeun, but just haven't come to the realization that it may be that i like her. but there's no possible way that could happen. we've only began talking more thanks to her solo album and i have yet to know anything about her.

aishh! what even is life anymore.