Chapter 3

Two days went by normal, except that our parents weren't here, but today was gonna be different, and we didn't know it. We woke up at 7 am, like usual, did our morning routine and were out of the door by 8 am. We made small talk as usual and then when we reached the school gates, we had to part ways because we were going to different classes and to different buildings. Today, my first class was chemistry and we were going to make some experiments so I was actually excited for it. I arrived at the classroom and went to my dear seat on the back, where nobody bothered me and I'm be grateful for that.

A few minutes later, the bell rang and Mr. Stump entered the class and began to explain what we were going to do. "Alright class, as you know, today we are gonna do some experiments. You'll need to put on glasses and some gloves so you won't be harmed. The experiments today are going to contain" He said some things from the periodic table. " mixed together, so be careful, because they are dangerous. One thing goes wrong and it can explode. The things are already in your tables so you just need to do the mixture and succeed. You can start now."

I carefully started to pick the liquids up and read the instrution that we also had in our tables. I put the exact measure as the paper said and mixed carefully. It was actually quite easy for all the warnings that Mr. Stump gave us. I turned away from the liquid to grab my sketchbook in my backpack, but the minute I turned away, it exploded and it almost got me. Some students screamed because of the sound and others just looked terrified at me. "Oh my god!" One of them exclaimed, but then she added something that I wasn't expecting. "Her hair is on fire!" Fuck! Mr. Stump came running towards me with a fire extinguisher and sprayed it all over my back.

When it was safe to put it away and touch my hair, I grabbed it to see how it was. As you could expect, it was burned and was uneven, very uneven, some of it survied and was still my normal, that is a mid back length, other part was past my shoulders and another part was past my neck- wait what- past my neck?! It could have burned my head?! Fuck! But wait. Now I had an excuse to cut my hair short like I wanted but my parents wouldn't let me. Yasss! "Well, that was what I was telling you all about. Now go back to your experiments." Mr. Stump said and then turned to me. "Are you okay?" He asked me with a bit of concern.

"Yeah." I responded and he nodded, then walked off to his desk. I grabbed my phone and went to the messages, immediately going to tell Vic what happen. Like, I know that we have the next class together, but c'mon, I have nothing better to do.

Sof 🤪

VIC! YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED!

Vic 🤣

WHAT HAPPEN?!

Sof 🤪

I was doing an experiment in chemistry and then I turned away when I finished. It exploded in my back and burned my hair.

Vic 🤣

OMFG! You good?!

Sof 🤪

Yeah, I just have uneven hair right now and need an hair cut.

Vic 🤣

When we get home, I'll cut your hair

Sof 🤪

Are you crazy?! Wait. Don't answer. I know you are

Vic 🤣