Chapter One:The Mysterious Power

I was on top of my friend and partner Luke Fernandez with a sword piercing through my chest not caring about myself at the moment but to make sure that my friends are okay. "A-Are you okay L-Luke?" He didn't say anything instead just stared at me tears were brimming in his eyes realizing that it was my blood on his face but before he could say anything the demon ripped the sword out watching with a huge grisly smile as I fell to the side clutching the front of my shirt at this point there really wasn't a lot, I could do from the corner of my eye there was a pool of blood forming beneath me. "So, you would put yourself in the line of fire just to save those precious to you am I correct?" I slowly nodded feeling myself getting weaker and weaker from the blood loss while Luke was busy contacting the others. "Well looks like I'll just finish you off first then go after your friend." I had to protect Luke at all costs just until the others arrive using what little strength I had left struggling to stand. "Hold on Shelbie I'm coming!" But the demon wasn't having it aiming his sword. "Don't even think about interfering this is between me and that worthless human...?!" As the demon stopped talking a strange power appeared out of nowhere at first, he thought the power was from a nearby demon, but this power was extremely higher than their own kind. "Tsk where on earth is this power coming from?!"Then it suddenly hit him. (No, it can't be...Not that worthless human!) Quickly turning around his eyes widen with surprise and fear this strange and unknown power was coming from my body slowly looking towards them Luke gasped my eyes were dark blood red fangs and some strange marks all across my body. "S-Shelbie...is that you in there?" Before I could even respond rapid footsteps coming this way. "Looks like we'll continue this other time until then." Once the demon disappeared the strange and unknown power has faded returning me to normal as the others burst through the forest opening the other were met with a horrific sight. "What happened here?!"As Luke was trying to figure out a way to explain what had just happened as Ben rushed over towards me. "Jacob, we got to her back to base and fast!" He nodded putting his weapon away. "When we return to base, I want you to tell us what happened okay Luke?" He nodded looking back at me worried as Ben carefully lifted me up into his arms. "I'll radio Priya right away if she's not busy with Zander." Slowly closing my eyes as I passed out from the lack of blood but not before hearing someone calling out my name.

A few hours later I woke up to the sound of quiet sobbing slowly opening my eyes realizing that I'm back in the RV that I shared with my friend Priya from the corner of my eye there were a lot of wires connected to a machine following the direction of the wires until they stopped at the edge of the blanket. "Shelbie thank God your awake how are feeling? "Looking up I saw Priya with her boyfriend Zander Stark looking at me with tears brimming in their eyes. "I-I'm okay just in a little bit of pain...Umm w-why a-am I c-connected to w-wires and a-a m-machine?" The two of them looked at each other then back at me. "You lost a lot of blood but that wasn't all from what Luke told us that your eyes were dark blood red had fangs and markings all over your body but when the demon disappeared the power faded." My eyes went wide when she finished explaining as I started to struggle. "Shelbie please calm down you're going to tear the stitches open!" Hearing the door burst open I started to panic my heart was beating out of control tears were pouring down my face clutching my head. "What's going on in here...Oh My God Shelbie!" Slowly looking up I saw Gwen standing in the doorway with Hope and Felix behind her. "She's having a panic attack we need to calm her down so I can give her the medicine." It didn't long for the other three to come up with an idea as Priya started preparing the medicine while Zander grabbed the first aid kit but before I could even move Gwen slowly made her way towards me when she but stopped when she saw blood seeping through the blanket. "Priya, you need to hurry with the medicine the wound has opened back up!" Priya almost dropped the vial. "It's almost ready just calm her down, okay?" Gwen nodded removing her jacket laying it on the top bunk. "Shelbie, I need you to look at me." Shaking my head eyes closed tightly that's when she climbed into my bunk helping me lay back down. "We know your hurting right now, but you have to stop or else it's going to get worse." It wasn't easy the pain was getting more intense making me clutch the blanket Gwen wrapped her arm around my shoulder stroking my hair whispering soothing words a few minutes later Priya appeared with the medicine. "Thank you so much for calming her down once the medicine kicks in we'll have Ben come in to redo the stitches." The others nodded except for Gwen who stroked my face watching the tears roll down. "Gwen are you okay?" Before she could respond Ben came in. "Are we ready?" Priya nodded grabbing the medical tray. "Thank you for calming her down in the meantime we need you two to step out for a little bit." Zander nodded kissing Priya's cheek before heading out Ben held his hand out which Gwen accepted grabbing her jacket off the top bunk but before heading out, she turned to look at me once more letting the tears fall choking out a sob rushing out of the RV and into the arms of Luke.

A few hours later both Ben and Priya came out of the RV their aprons and gloves were covered in my blood the others immediately rushed over hoping for some good news. "She's stable for the time being luckily we were able to stop the bleeding but I'm afraid she's not out of the woods yet during the procedure we found out that Shelbie has developed a high fever and a mild infection which means we'll need to keep an eye on her and help her anyway that we can." Even though it will be extremely difficult while their friend heals but what will happen next will remain a mystery.