Chapter 3: Spark in the Night

Y/n POV

How did I end up here? A club. I should be at home binge watching Miraculous Ladybug. But no. Instead here I am in a sea of hormonal bodies.

Flashback

"Y/n~" my coworker sang into my ear. Another day at the office was now over and we got off early. I turned to her with a sigh. "Yes Mina?" A group of my coworkers appeared behind her eagerly looking at me. She clasped her hands together. "A new club opened up a few blocks away and we were wondering if you'd like to join us?" Her eyes twinkled with excitement.

The others had the same look on their faces. I cringed, "I don't know, I think imma just head home for the day. Besides a club isn't exactly my kind of scene." I shrugged as I packed my bags. She started to pout. "Oh come on! We're stuck in a boring office all day, typing away our lives on a computer for hours and you're telling me you just want to go home and do nothing?"

I faced her as I tapped her on the nose. "Not nothing, I'm going to eat a bunch of junk food while watching my show in peace." I grinned as I walked past her and the others. They followed after me. Mina latched onto my arm. "Please I promise this will be the last time I ask you if you agree to come! Just this once pleaseee." She whined.

I took a deep breath. "You know I don't like being social." She gave me puppy dog eyes as I rubbed my forehead. I looked back at the others and they gave me the same look. I sighed. "Fine, but I'm not changing." I crossed my arms. Immediately she dragged me out the door. "Oh no, if you think I'm going to let you go like an old librarian you're so wrong."

End of Flashback

We walked into the club together as a group. I stayed hidden in the middle of the group. I normally dress so modest but this dress that Mina shoved me in makes me feel so exposed. Suddenly I was yanked to the front. "Oh come on Y/n you need to show off that gorgeous figure of yours. You're always hiding it under all those rags." She giggled.

I forced a smile. "Those rags are clothes. I don't know what the hell I'm wearing, is this even a dress?" She ignored my complaint and we continued to walk forward. We sat down at a booth where I took a deep breath in. "God I hope this night goes by quickly." I mumbled to myself. "We're going to go dance alright?" Mina shouted.

I nodded and waved them to leave. My coworkers took off disappearing into the abyss of disco lights. I ran my hand through my curled hair. I scanned the room hoping I'd find something interesting to do. My eyes landed on a young man at the bar. He was wearing a clean black suit and his dark hair nicely combed.

He looked sophisticated, so serious. I stared at his face trying to analyze it. I couldn't see very well, but I could tell that this man was incredibly handsome. A girl appeared beside him and suddenly he vanished. I arched an eyebrow. I looked around but he was gone. I looked down at my hands and let out my 10th sigh of the night.

"What am I doing?" I rested my chin on my hand with my eyes closed. I slowly opened them and stood up. If I'm going to be here I might as well have some fun. I went straight to the dance floor where my coworkers were. I saw Mina and she waved at me. "Are you going to dance with us?!" She shouted. I smiled and nodded. "Lets do it!" I exclaimed.

Adrenaline rushes through me and we danced till our feet hurt. I felt like nobody else was there, I felt free. Confidently I swung my hips around, moving to the beat of the music. I shivered, feeling a pair of eyes on me. I turned around and there he was. The man I saw earlier. I paused and my breath hitched. Our eyes locked together. He sat on the bar stool, intensely looking back at me.

He lifted an eyebrow, but I couldn't tear my eyes away from his. It seemed he couldn't do the same. I was right. He was unrealistically handsome. All of a sudden I was pulled into the crowd. Looking back I could see the man left confused. Mina held onto my arm. "I saw that whole thing! You definitely gotta snatch him up!" She screamed into my ear.