Chapter 21- So much Of This

Start from the beginning

"I let him out...it wasn't supposed to happen....but I didn't take my pills!" He whispers loudly.

He starts to panic and fluster, trying to get up, but I can see how exhausted he is.

"Krystle, come here." I say.

He looks at me again, like he was caught doing something. "No, you don't understand-"

"Then you either make me understand, or come here." I say sternly. If he thinks he's going to have his way, he's wrong. Someone needs to set him straight.

"But-"

Before he can mutter anything else, I haul him over my shoulder, and trudge through the snow to my house, trying to get away from Rahuleo's corpse.

"Hey! Let me down! Now!" He complains.

"No. You're weak, and you need to calm down." I finalize.

He smacks my back, and wriggles around. "Just...let go!"

"God, you're just like a girl without your pills, Krystle, I swear." I laugh.

"Huh? What? Nooo, I'm not! Just let go so I can walk! I have two legs as well, you know!" He complains.

I drop him down with a confident smirk placed across my face.

He staggers back, swaying noticeably, looking dazed and confused. He tries to take the first step, but practically falls flat on his face, so I pick him up again. "I told you."

"Shut up..." He mumbles, looking at everything curiously.

I'd never seen him....so....expressive....almost very emotional.

I make it to my house, and gently place him on the couch, before cleaning up the mess throughout the living room.

His snow-matted head pops up, and he looks at what I'm doing, with wandering eyes.

Ignoring him, I go upstairs to finish cleaning. When I come downstairs, he's not on the couch.

A bit panicked, I go searching to find him in the kitchen.

"Krystle, what's are you doing?" I demand.

"Huh?" He questions, opening the fridge. "I'm hungry."

I sigh, and go to the sink, putting away dishes. "You should be resting." 

He snorts. "Okay, mother."

I prop my hand on my hip and give him a look, he rummages through my fridge before finding something, and then notices my stare.

"What?" He questions, looking behind him, expecting something to be there, before turning back to me.

I roll my eyes and shake my head. "Sometimes, I don't understand you." 

He walks up next to me, taking a huge bite out of the apple he managed to find, "That's the point of me."

I scoff, continuing with the dishes, and going through the cabinets to find something to cook.

"You cook?" I hear him call out, on the couch again.

"Psh, yeah. What's wrong with you?! Of course! I'm only the best." I jump out of the kitchen and do a pose, he turns around, to look, before whipping his head back. His body starts to tremble.

I rush over to him. "Krystle?"

What I see shocks me so bad, I fall back on the floor.

Krystle.....is....chuckling...chuckling!

"Are....are you really laughing!?" I shout.

His smirk was twisted to the point where he's trying to hide it. He looks away.

Grinning wolfishly, I tackle him. "Krystle is laughing! LAUGHING!"

He shifts uncomfortably, and starts to frown. "Yeah....okay. Now get off, I'm eating."

I poke his stomach and giggle. "Hehehe, I made you laugh."

He glares. "Okay, stop gloating."

I gape. "No way. I'm going to remember this. I'm never going to let this go."

He mumbles something, and pushes me, and I slide onto the floor, crossing my legs, and looking at him with a silly grin.

"I'm cold." He declares, putting his half-eaten apple down, and rubbing his arms.

Only then do I realize he's damp from the melted snow. Which brings a serious question to mind.

"Here, I'll get you something," I get up, "Come on."

Hesitantly, he follows me to my room upstairs.

I hunt for clean clothes through my disoriented closet. I finally spot a band T-shirt, and some black skinny jeans. I hand them to him. "They should fit. We're barely different in size."

He nods, and slips out of the room to the bathroom like a silent shadow. I admire his stealth and gracefulness. It's meant to be admired. Like he's some whimsical creature brought to Earth, from some planet much more delicate and peaceful than here.

I blush to myself, and fix my bed that he jumped out of today, probably scared of that the sound that happened a few hours ago, keeping my question in mind.

When he walks in, I take his damp clothes, and put it in the washer along with some others clothes.

I sit on my bed, and pat beside me. "Come on."

With an exasperate sigh, he crawls adorably onto my bed beside me, snatching a pillow, crossing his legs, and placing it on his lap to rest his elbows upon.

"Okay," I say slowly, "What happened?"

He looks at the door, in distance. "A lot."

"No, Krystle. What really happened? How did Rahuleo truly die? It was almost like he never even existed."

He looks carefully into my eyes, showing a thin layer of agony in his enchanting eyes. "You really want to know?"

His voice was soft and vulnerable. It makes me just want to hold him and protect him from the reality and cold of this world. His pain was utterly unbearable. But I knew if I did such a thing, it's become awkward, and he'd probably never tell me. So I need to be careful.

I nod. "Yes. I want to know."