Chapter One- Keep Your Hands to Yourself

I clenched my jaw in frustration and gazed at my new classmates. They gazed right back.

Looking back to the teacher, my eyes boring into his washed out brown ones, I ask, "Do I have to? Can't you just tell them as I sit down?"

He straightened his tie and cleared his throat, almost as if he was the new student being introduced. Obviously, this guy was used to having his way.

Strangely, I found my senses to be very keen at reading just about anyone. If they tried to stifle any emotion, I could simply look them in the eyes and that told me everything. I suppose that would be why I had never gotten along with my previous classmates— they took one hard look into my eyes and probably saw something they shouldn't have. I always knew something was off and, perhaps, my uncle Jim may have been right about me.

"W-well I'm sure you're a big boy. You can do it." He nervously laughed— I knew my stare was affecting him greatly. I had that effect on most people.

"But I don't want to. And I don't need to." I retorted. I wasn't much of a talker, and this guy was making it difficult.

He attempted to shoot me daggers, but I didn't blink, which made him all the more anxious. "None sense. Introduce yourself. Now, so I can get on with my lesson. We don't need to start off bad, now do we?"

I shrugged, knowing this petty argument was over. "I guess," Turning back to my classmates, I heave a sigh, "My name is Krystle Heffer. I like listening to music, and my favorite color is black. Just call me Kye."

Then, without another word, I shuffled to the empty seat in the back and made myself comfortable. I could see the teacher's face turning beet-red from my besting him.

He tried to gain control of his temper, before sighing as well. "Well, Krystle, I'm Mr. Hadd, and I want everyone here to treat him like he belongs here as much as you all do."

I snorted softly to myself. He and I knew he didn't enjoy my company already.

Abruptly, a girl in front of me swiveled in her chair to face me, and gave a flirtatious smirk. "Hey, I'm Rebecca. Nice to meet you."

I nodded once before directing my attention to my iPod, clearly trying to prove no interest in her.

"Mr.Heffer! I would like you to put your electronic back and take your hood off. I understand you are new, but you should know that is disrupting your learning process. I'm going over what we have been doing for the past week, and if you want to pass your first test here, I suggest you listen." Mr. Hadd ordered.

Rolling my eyes, I slipped my gadget into my book-bag and yanked my hoodie back— letting my hair free. It was a tousled and shaggy mess that fell into my eyes. I heard a few snickers before Mr. Hadd began speaking.

"Thank you. Now, where was I...ah, yes, now, as you can see, the map-" His voice went on like like a record.

And that was how the next three hours went: introducing myself, sitting down and listening to their useless gibberish— at least, to me. I wasa smart guy, not to mention my tests would be easy since I had gone over half the crap they had been teaching throughout my class periods.

After what felt like eternity, the bell mercifully rang for lunchtime. Frantically, I made my way out, not wanting the last teacher to hold me back, considering I had smart-mouthed her a couple of times.

Placing my textbooks in their new locker, I felt a presence behind me.

"Hey there, beautiful." A feminine voice answered.

I lazily looked up and let my gaze travel over her body. She had her chest poked out.

I almost laughed. The female was clearly attracted. Trying to impress me took quite a bit, and it didn't exactly involve posing and a sultry tone.

Give up, it isn't working, I thought with subdued amusement. "You need something?"

She giggled. Lord, I could already tell she was the clingy, annoying type, and all it took was that horribly-failed-to-sound-sexy giggle.

"Why, of course I want something," She purred, leaning closer.

"Well, what is it? I have lunch to attend to, if you haven't noticed." I raise a rebellious eyebrow in challenge.

Hearing my distasteful tone, her expression went from one of enjoyment to that of anger. She huffed and turned on her heel, heading the opposite direction. A few people that overheard chuckled to themselves.

I shook my head and headed to the cafeteria.

This was gonna be hard being the new kid.