𝐱𝐢𝐯. the magical hands

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - the magical hands

━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐖𝐀𝐒 reaching boiling point, even after Ophelia had perched the door open. Small and barely noticeable warm breezes brushed through the small building but it certainly didn't help the thick air. Elijah was panting and gasping with every breath and there was nothing Ophelia could do except sit there with him and hope it didn't escalate any further.

The man resting on her couldn't even get any words out, and if he tried, they came out as strangled chokes, he wouldn't keep any water down and it seemed as though he was progressing into the worst stage of the fever. Every now and then as he looked up to the face that stared down in worry, confusion would cloud his hypnotic gaze as if he couldn't recognize who she was.

Once again, Ophelia pressed the back of her hand to Elijah's forehead, it was soaked entirely and burning like a growing fire. Her hand rested on his head for less than a few seconds before Elijah began to murmur beneath his breath; he was apologizing to Celeste, asking for her to forgive him and Ophelia furrowed her brows. Before she could question the man on his words, the scene before her shifted once again as she was dragged into yet another memory.

The memory depicted Klaus this time; dressed in clothes similar to the ones Elijah had been wearing in the previous memory. He and another man were stood back to back with revolvers in their hands as they prepared for what seemed to be a duel. Klaus began to count down in French as he and the man walked away from one another. The moment he reached one, the pair spun around and fired their guns. Klaus remained entirely unharmed but the man he opposed was not so lucky. There was a gaping hole in the middle of his forehead and blood trickled down before the man fell to the ground, dead.

Klaus's face showed how unimpressed he was with his opponents as the man was dragged away and tossed on a growing pile of bodies. "Is that it? Is this the best New Orleans has to offer?"

It was then that Elijah joined the scene, his boots trudging through the grassy field as the men surrounding darted their eyes between the brothers. Elijah's face became furious as he caught sight of the mass of corpses littering the field. "Brother! Please, this is high folly. Is it not enough you have slaughtered dozens in just these past several weeks? Word of a city littered with bodies will surely travel the oceans. Do you want to bring our father upon us?"

"Relax, brother." Klaus chuckled without a care in the world, "I've sent rumor that the bodies are result of the witches seeking blood sacrifice for their rituals."

Elijah's face fell, "You did what? Have you forgotten? Celeste is one of those that you recklessly point your finger at?"