𝐯𝐢𝐢. the time for control

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 - the time for control

━━━━━━━

𝐃𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐍 from her snuggled position next to Ophelia, going back to her drawing of Elijah and continued to scribble away with a piece of charcoal. Elijah had taken a seat next to Ophelia, the pair chatting quietly as his finger's fiddled with the violin.

"When did your powers manifest? I hear it can be something you're born with." The original questioned, his voice filled with genuine intrigue. He had never had the opportunity to talk to or meet a siphon and he considered himself a man who enjoyed learning. He wanted to know everything about siphons, about her.

"I was a teenager; it was actually my sixteenth birthday," Ophelia muttered before taking the violin from his large hands. She was certain she could tell the originals small details of herself, her powers.

Her ability to use magic was something she didn't mind talking about, in fact, she took pride in it. It was exhilarating to steal another being's power and use it against them. "I took something from my mother's hand and, well, took more than she bargained."

He chuckled lightly as she spoke, his eyes trained on her small hands as she tweaked the broken violin, "I see. And-"

"-A question for a question." Ophelia turned her head to face him, their eyes bore into one another's before she slyly smiled and drew her eyes back down to the instrument, "I do nothing for free."

"What do you wish to know?"

"How many siblings do you have in total?" She had heard small stories passed around by the witches as she grew up, each spoke of the large family that had started the legacy of the vampires.

Elijah wasn't quite sure what question she would have asked, though he believed it would have been something along the lines of 'What is your family doing here.' or 'What do you want with Davina?', but hearing the siphon ask about his family, each of the members, certainly wasn't anticipated.

He cleared his throat, "From oldest to youngest; there was Finn, myself, Klaus, Kol, Rebekah and then there was Henrik."

Ophelia's thirst for knowledge almost begged her to ask about the 'was' in his sentence, either members of his family were dead or they had left. But, ever true to her word, she nodded in response as she handed him back the violin as her small hands completed the task that his large ones could not.

The suited original ran his tongue over his teeth as he decided on his next question. His dark oak-colored eyes were focused on the instrument as he finished the final readjustments, "What is your view on witches? You mentioned earlier that witches do everything for their own gain, and yet witches are your family. Did you mean the witches of New Orleans?"