Chapter 2

It has been a few months later. Winter turns into spring. Snow has been replaced by cherry blossom.

Again, I stand in front of the school. But this time, I am already inside the gate in my new Saotome uniform. I watch other students walking around or hanging out by the trees.

The wind gently blows the pretty pink petals everywhere. The scene makes it look like a dream, but it is not. This is not a dream. This is reality and I am in it.

I was scared that all of this was a dream. That this is all fake and my mind is playing a prank on me. But when Aka hands me the letter, I knew it is not fake. I knew this is all real. I knew that I am getting closer to my goal.

I feel so giddy. To think that I am here again as a student of Saotome Academy is unbelievable. I was sure that I fail. And not only did I pass, I somehow manage to get myself in the S class. S class is the highest class in Saotome Academy. It means that the students with the highest score are in this class.

Aka's face when they saw that I pass is the best thing I ever seen in a long time. The happy and proud look they gave me strengthen the determination that I have before. Sure, I still feel like I don't deserve to be in S class, but I know that from here on out, I will have to work hard. Work hard and reach my dream. I did make a promise and I will not let anything stop me now.

I make my way to the courtyard. I can feel myself skipping in happiness. I haven't felt this good in a long time. I almost giggle out loud from how happy I am to be here. Although the school is big, it isn't hard to find the courtyard as it is so big, it is hard not to miss it. I can already see a lot of students gather there and sitting in the seats.

Seeing how many people there are, it almost washes the happy feeling away. Nerves starts to come back, but I shake my head. I can't let a crowd like this bother me. I know I have to get use to it, so I might as well start now.

I look around the courtyard, trying to find a place to sit, when I accidently run into someone. I manage to keep my balance, but that cannot be said to the person I ran into. I hear a yelp below me as push my glasses up.

"Hey! Watch where you're going." A female voice warned me.

I quickly apologize. I look towards the ground and see the same girl from the entrance exam there. Both relief and guilt make their way to my heart when I see her. If she is here, then that can only mean that she got to take the exam and passed. I am happy to see that she got the chance to be here.

I hold my hand out to the girl on the ground. The girl automatically grabs it, and I pull her up. I know I'm not the strong person, but she is too light even for me.

"I'm sorry for running into you like that." I said. "I didn't mean to do that."

I feel my face heating up, now realizing how embarrassing that was of me.

"That is okay." The girl said as she brushes the dirt off her skirt.

Although I am not a major fan of these uniforms, somehow the girl looks really cute in them. I think it is because I don't look good in these. I do prefer darker colors, but I can't just wear what I want in here.

"You're not hurt, are you?" I asked.

"I'm fine. Nothing to worry about." She answered.

"Seriously," the same voice from earlier began, "You need to watch where you are going. Someone could have gotten hurt."

I turn to where the voice was, and I almost lost my breath.

A girl with long red hair looks at me with anger in her beautiful pink eyes. I seen a lot of beautiful girls before, but she is so gorgeous that I almost thought that she was a goddess. The way her make-up looks on her also help enhance her beauty.

I have to shake myself out of her bewitching spell.

"I'm sorry. I'll look where I'm going next time." I said.

I bow down to make sure that they get the message. My face is probably red from the embarrassment.

"Tomo-chan. It's okay. She didn't mean to run into me." The girl said to her friend, who is apparently Tomo-chan.

Tomo-chan sighs and goes to look over the girl just to make sure she was truly okay.

"I know, but I'm worry that you got hurt." Tomo-chan explained.

"Why don't we all start over?" The girl suggested. "Hello. I am Nanami Haruka."

Haruka bows as she greets me. I relax. The way she acted and talked makes me feel at peace.

"My name is Kokoro Teresa. It's nice to meet you." I introduced myself.

I bow as well.

"Shibuya Tomochika." Tomochika said.

Now that I wasn't being scolded by her, Tomochika smiles at me and holds a hand out to me. I smile back and shake her hand. Although I didn't feel it earlier, I feel the air around Tomochika is very happy. Almost the same as the boy that helped Haruka at the entrance exam but different somehow.

"So, what are you going into? Idol or composer?" Tomochika asked.

"Composer." I answered.

"Really? I am too." Haruka excitedly said.

"That means we can help each other."

"That's great, Haruka." Tomochika excited said as well. "I am going to be an idol."

"I can see that. You are so beautiful that I am surprised that you aren't already." I blurted out.

For what felt like the tenth time today, I feel my face heating up. Tomochika laughs when she heard that. Haruka nods her head in agreement. And then suddenly, Tomochika wraps her arms around me and pulls me into a hug. I complete freeze.

"You are so cute." Tomochika squeals in happiness, unaware how tense I am.

I don't like people who I bearly know touching me, but I don't want to be rude by pushing Tomochika away. So, I let her hug me. Luckily for me, she quickly lets go. Now that I wasn't being hug, I process what Tomochika said and my face and ears are completely gone red.

Tomochika and Haruka look at my face and laugh. I laugh as well as their laugh is contagious.

It has only been the first day, but I have a feeling that this year is going to be a good one.

Note: If you haven't know already, I am writing a different Utapri fic called Animal Adventure. If you are interested in seeing the bois as animal-hybrid children, please go read it.