CHAPTER TWO - 𝑻𝑶𝑹𝑵 𝑩𝑶𝑵𝑫𝑺

TEARS SPILLED as Yona yell out for the man she loved for years, only receiving a cold look back. Her throat dry and lips trembling as she stare at him in disbelief. "Soo-Won!"

Yona shut her eyes close, waiting for a miracle to happen. The guard raise his sword over his head—

Swords collided as it produced a screeching sound, the sword fell out of the guard's hand and his stumbled, falling to the ground and groaning at his wound. The others following once Hak swung his blade.

"I knew Lord Soo-Won was here tonight, so I was trying to stay out of your way." Hak spoke as Y/N stood from her kneeling position, giving Yona a reassuring squeeze on her shoulder.

"Guards who were supposed to be on watch are all gathered here, there are people I don't recognize, too." Hak eyed the suspicious male beside Soo-Won.

"What's going on here." He grit his teeth. "Huh, Lord Soo-Won?"

Before Hak could get his answer, Yona's trembling voice caught his attention. "H-Hak?"

He turn to the frightened princess and kneeled, "I'm sorry for leaving your side, Princess Yona."

As Hak comforted Yona, Y/N bring herself to look into Soo-Won's foreign, cold menacing eyes, she and Hak was just as confused as the princess, trying to wrap their heads around what's going on.

"Hak...are you— are you and Y/N on my side...?" Yona look up to the H/C haired girl's back, Y/N look over her shoulder and smiled a small smile, a smile that eased Yona for just a second.

"I will always be on your side, Princess Yona. I promise."

Hak stared, bewildered by Yona's question before chuckling, "The king told us to protect you, no matter what happens." He stood.

"We will obey his orders."

The man beside Soo-Won smirked. "Withdraw, servants. You are standing before King Soo-Won, the new master of Hiryuu Castle." Narrowing her eyes, Y/N's expression hardened as she glance to her friend beside her, he was just as confused.

"Who's the master of what, now?" Hak mocked. "I have a bad feeling about this, but I must ask."

"Lord Soo-Won, where is King IL?" Y/N's jaw clenched, seemingly already knowing the answer, but refuse to believe. She waited.

Cool breeze brush past their shoulders, there was a moment of silence before Soo-Won finally spoke.

"I just sent him to hell."

On sync, Hak's weapon stomped into the concrete and the tip of Y/N's blade stabbed into it, the crushed bits laid on the ground and the guards stepped back in fear.

"Soo-Won!" Soo-Won stared at the girl's fierce expression, he could no longer see her smile or hear her laugh, but he have made his decision, and there was no going back.

"That's going too far, even for a joke." Y/N never waited, she never waited for his smile to appear on his features again, telling them that he was just messing around, because it won't happen no matter how hard she prayed.

"Ask Princess Yona, she confirmed the King's death with her own eyes." Hak charged forward and Y/N pulled her blade back up, swinging at the guards who attempted to stop Hak.

"Tell the truth." Hak growled.

"I am not lying."

"Soo-Won! You're telling me you killed your king? You killed our kind king?!" Soo-Won stepped back as Hak pushed his weapon with his monstrous strength.