CHAPTER ONE - 𝑺𝑶𝑶-𝑾𝑶𝑵'𝑺 𝑮𝑰𝑭𝑻

"Hey, father," Yona look into her reflection on the mirror, a slight frown on her face.

"My hair, it's weird, isn't it?"

"It's not weird, your beauty outshines any gem." the King, her father, said truthfully and proudly as he smiled at her.

Yona hummed, leaning closer to the mirror to get a better look.

"But it's so red and unruly..." She whined softly.

"It's not true, right, Hak, Y/N?" Her father chuckled and look over his shoulder to the two kneeling servant.

"Yes, Emperor IL, nobody has said that the Princess' hair is strange," Y/N voice out.

"But if I may be so bold to say..." Hak added and Y/N purse her lips to prevent herself from letting out sounds that could offend the Princess.

"There's definitely something wrong with her head."

"Shut up, servant." Yona replied irritated.

"Father, do something about this guy!" Yona chuck everything she has her hands on to him but, he blocked every one of them. Some even going to Y/N's way. "Hak, dodge them! Not throw them to me!"

"Even though he's my servant, he's so arrogant!" Yona continued.

"Now, now, Hak is a childhood friend of yours, right?" Her father tried to calm her down.

"Besides, Hak is the General Commander of the castle at just 18, it's only natural that he'd be your bodyguard."

"You don't understand! If I'm going to have a bodyguard, then they have to be cuter! Like Y/N!" She argued, and Y/N felt a 'warm fuzzy feeling' like how everyone would describe. She put a hand on her chest in gratitude. "Princess Yona, I'm very honored that you think I'm adorable."

Hak stifled a laugh, so did Y/N. Yona's eyes twitch in annoyance as she threw one of her cosmetic towards Y/N. "They're making fun of me!"

Hak grabbed it before it could hit the H/C haired girl, he grabs Yona's wrist, making her stop and look at him confused.

"Speaking of cute...you don't mind not looking cute yourself? It seems he's already arrived. Lord Soo-Won."

"Why didn't you say that sooner?!" Yona quickly went to the mirror again, straightening her dress and brushed her unruly red hair a little then dash out.

"Soo-Won? Is that why she have been caring more about her appearance lately? But why now?" the King express confusion.

"It must be that thing they call a 'maiden heart'." Hak casually sip on his tea which he took from Min-Soo's tray, handing it to Y/N after and letting her take a sip, too. They watched their princess disappearing as she ran further.

The princess bumped into her childhood friend, attempting to start a conversation before Soo-Won changed the subject again.

"So, where's King IL, Hak and Y/N?" Soo-Won looked around, Yona's lips apart as she find herself speechless.

"Ah...—"

"I must say hello!" He went away.

"He treats me like a child..." Yona clench her fists and pouted.

"Like a child...like a child!" She exclaim unbelievably.

"And I perfumed my clothes with the finest incense all morning, and applied the highest quality lotions..."