"Manik?", Avnish said.

"I'm saying the truth, my friend. There are many people in the school who miss you so much. In fact, Ishika asked me about you in the morning itself.", I said in a fake caring tone.

"Ishika?", he asked in a terrified tone as he gulped hard and I smirked knowing I hit the right string.

"Yes bro, she was asking about you. Wait, I'll call her.", Cabir added.

"No. No. I just remembered I had some important work. See you, babe.", Avnish said and turned to leave.

I made a bad face at that word again.

"Babe my foot.", I muttered but my eyes widened in surprise as the same words echoed in my ears in a girly voice and the realization dawned upon me that the voice belonged to Nandini.

"Didn't you like it when he called you 'babe'?", I questioned in astonishment.

"Obviously, I didn't.", she remarked.

Before I could let out a sigh of relief, Cabir started laughing hysterically and I rolled my eyes.

"What happened?", Nandini asked being confused.

I gave him a death glare and he started coughing.

"Nothing, It was just an inside joke.", Cabir said clearing his throat.

As my beloved not-so-innocent best friend left with his girlfriend Nandini asked me, "Were you looking for me?"

"Yes. I wanted to take you to a place.", I said in a little tense tone.

"Okay. So, Let's go.", Nandini smiled.

Did she really smile or was it my imagination?

I drove towards our destination.

"Why are we here?", Nandini asked narrowing her eyes.

"Come.", I smiled.

Taking her hand in my one, I took her to the Gol-Gappa vendor.

"Make it for two please.", I said.

"Manik? Is that you? You are here after so many years!", the vendor said as he recognized me.

"Do you know Manik?", Nandini asked the vendor and he nodded.

"I used to come here with my mother quite often. As I grew up I stopped coming here and living my childhood too, maybe.", I sighed remembering those days.

We ate three plates Gol-Gappas in excitement. Nandini looked happy. I also felt a strange complacency and I wondered whether it was because of visiting the park after years or because of me being the reason for her smile.

Sitting on the car's bonnet we stared at the aesthetic view of the park. We talked about everything and anything.

She chuckled at my jokes; I listened to her deep talks. It didn't seem like she was someone I had befriended recently, I felt as if I had known her for years as if we could read each other like an open book.

I was surprised when she told me; she had already guessed the fact that I somehow threatened Avnish to leave from the parking lot.

I wished her giving a bouquet of yellow roses, taking it out from her bag she also gave me a yellow rose.

"Look Nandini, Balloons!", jumping from the bonnet I scampered to buy the balloons.

"You can be such a kid Manik!", Nandini huffed as she dashed into me.

"What are we going to do with them?", she asked being curious.

"We will set ourselves free.", I answered holding the balloons in my hand.

"Free?", her face showed unclear expressions.

"As the balloons will fly; we will let all our worries fly with them.", I explained.

"Seems like a great idea. Something new.", Nandini grinned being fanatical about my proposal.

I gave some balloons in her hand.

Counting till five we loosened our grip on the balloons letting them fly. Nandini jumped in joy as they went higher and higher in the sky.
---------------------------------

Vote and comment!
Inline comments are the best!

Expected Nandini to know that Manik threatened Avnish?

Will Manik's jealousy serve him good?

Anyone wanted more detailed scenes of MANAN celebrating rose day together?

Share your rose day memories here?

_________________

NEW STORY : DIAMOND HEARTS

Mahil had always lived alone until Kuhoo walked into his life.
Kuhoo had always lived for others until Jyotiraditya walked into her life.

Kuhoo Chaturvedi had lost too much for the sake of one thing - love. Her diamond-strong heart fought like a warrior against all the odds life had thrown her way until the realization dawned: She had lost love because of love.