Sitting in the library, taking out some reference books from the self I worked on my project. Forgetting the count of the time I became engrossed in the books.

After some five hours, my phone started vibrating continuously with Navya's call. When I didn't pick the call, she messaged me asking my whereabouts. In fact, there were two-three messages from Cabir, too. He had asked me to come near the entrance of the drama club, two hours back.

I made an exit from the library calling Navya when I collided with someone.

"You are so lost, no doubt it's rose day.", Cabir smirked at me.

"Should I not be lost when my best friend's boyfriend is more interested in me than taking her out on a date.", I shook his hairs with my palm.

"Pardon me her highness. My best friend was hell-bent on destroying my date as he wanted to meet you; he had no courage to call you it seemed so I did the honors.", Cabir said in a playful voice.

"Manik? Why did he want to see me?", I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Nandini! You are here, Manik asked me for you almost ten times.", Navya too joined us.

Cabir smirked while I felt amused at the newfound information.

"Okay. I think I wasn't supposed to say that.", Navya said and frowns on my forehead deepened.

"Let's find Manik. Then, you guys can continue your date." An unknown butterfly-ish feeling engulfed my senses as we walked towards the parking lot where Manik was waiting.

MANIK:

"You guys talk, we'll take your leave now.", Cabir said entwining his fingers with Navya.

I nodded. They were about to leave when we saw Avnish approaching our direction. He smiled at Nandini and she reciprocated the same. Awkwardness increased in the air as I saw a red rose in his hand.

"And I thought it was only you who wanted to give her a red rose.", Cabir whispered in my ears.

"I already told you. I. Do. Not. Want. To. Give. A. Red. Rose. To. Nandini.", I murmured gritting my teeth while Cabir chuckled at my response.

"Happy Rose Day, babe.", Avinsh said removing his black goggles.

The guy had always tried to compete with me in Elite, during secondary school. I remembered getting into fights with him a few times; he even carried the rivalry to his new high school which had already been Elite's competitor in many intercollegiate basketball matches.

Nandini didn't oppose him even a bit when he called her 'babe'; in fact, she smiled at him again.

Had she reserved all the disparaging comebacks for me only?

It irked me.

"I see, someone's got jealous.", Cabir smirked at me.

"Come on. Why would I be jea-", words got stuck in my throat when I saw Avnish taking out the red rose in front of Nandini which he had hidden behind his back.

Snatching a yellow rose from Cabir's hand, without waiting even a second I moved towards Avnish with a fake smile, "Happy rose day, my dear friend."

"Thank you, Manik.", he smiled awkwardly taking the yellow rose from my hand.

After a minute or two, that monkey with black goggles again tried to make a move on Nandini and my agitated state was very much comparable with Ash-Ketchum's state when Charizard used to refuse his orders.

As Avnish moved a little closer to Nandini, I stood between them hurriedly.

Before Avnish could say anything more, I hugged him tightly and uttered gritting my teeth, "I missed you much, bro. You left me alone in Elite."