Even with just that I felt the blush start to make its way to my cheeks. It was amazing how one simple sentence could fill me up with-I wasn't entirely sure what this feeling was. Until I'd met this guy, until he'd set foot in that classroom I would have never dreamed I could actually feel like this.

"I was needing to hear yours too," I whispered.

There was a brief pause between us. "So you're still gone for another week?"

"Unfortunately. I wish I could just leave this place now."

"Where are you?"

I hadn't been able to tell him where I was before, because I didn't know what his reaction would have been. I was in the very heart of the group that had trained me to kill creatures like him, and I wasn't sure that would go over very well.

We had also been told we weren't allowed to discuss where we were and what we were doing with others outside The Organization, and I wasn't sure if they had anything set up to monitor what we said within our rooms.

"All you need to know is that I'm bored out of my mind wishing I were actually back in school," I said with a laugh that sounded harsh even to my own ears.

From the silence on his end, I could tell he wanted to press the question.

"Just one more week," I said quietly. "Then we're back to figuring out what this is."

We talked a little while longer, and when each of us had to go, I could hear that he didn't want to just as much as I didn't. But alas, I had homework to do, and he was actually allowed to live a life unlike those of us trapped in the basement of a church.

As I tried doing my math and history homework my conversation with Jared kept nagging at me. My brain started focusing on anything but the task in front of me. I thought about Jared, and all werewolves, which eventually led to all the supernatural beings. Basically it was like a giant set up of dominos in my head.

I reached under my mattress to pull out the small journal and I flipped open to the next blank page.

Sunday

I'm really not sure why I'm writing right now. I just need somewhere to put these words floating in my head. I'm afraid to tell anyone what's going on in here because the people that I would tell, well they wouldn't accept my views.

I don't get the point of The Organization anymore. I still believe there are evil creatures out there, but I don't think they're all supernatural anymore. I told my father that humans kill just as much as they do, that may not be entirely accurate, but humans do kill each other quite often. Why is it that we hunt down the things with fangs or magic powers but we leave the humans alone?

I get that eighty percent of the time those creatures can't be traced. They've lived so long there isn't anything left from when they were human, or they stay away from the public because they don't want people know what they are, but why are we only taking care of one issue and not the other? Are we overcompensating for the evil that the humans spread by trying to eradicate all the supernatural?

What if we just stopped and took a step back? What if we looked at what we were doing and actually tried to look at what those creatures are?

It's sad that it took a guy saying we were mates to make me stop and think about what I'm doing, but this was how I was brought into this life. Just like every other hunter.

I don't blame them for thinking what they do; it's how they were taught, sometimes from a very young age. This is all they know and unless they think to look for something else, they won't find it. They need something to make them ask 'why' as well. I don't know what that is yet, but I'm hoping that I can find it. If not, I need to find a way out.