07: We Should Talk All Night And Not Say A Word

Start from the beginning

"(Ah, everything changes)

Tell me why I look back and I wanna cry

Sometimes I feel like we grew up too fast

You and I had the time of our younger lives

Sometimes I sigh and think about the past

But it's alright, cause everything changes."

We launched into the bridge, and her hand slipped in mine. I leaned my head on her shoulder, a smile a mile wide on my face.

"Hey, Billy remember when it was just us?

Pretending we were Nash and Coral on the school bus?

I wouldn't change a thing

Cause everything changes."

[Instrumental]

During the music break, we all crowded around Lisa, hugging her as Jennie and I continued with the song. I'd never felt happier in my life. I was okay. I was here with the three girls I loved most.

"I wouldn't change a thing

Cause everything changes

Life is different now, and that's okay with me

I moved away and you started a family

But deep inside you and I are still the same kids

Cause you're my brother, and that won't ever change

Even though everything changes."

I hummed for a moment, and then Jennie surprised me by singing the whole verse. I opened my eyes, and she took my hand again, squeezing it slightly.

"Tell me why I look back and I wanna cry

Sometimes I feel like we grew up too fast

You and I had the time of our younger lives

Sometimes I sigh and think about the past

But it's alright, cause

(Ah, everything changes)."

I launched into the last verse, and Jennie leaned her head on my shoulder. All these antics drove the crowd wild. I guess we were being extra lovey dovey tonight.

"There's a new guest room in my parent's home

The carpet got replaced a couple years ago

Cause it isn't my bedroom anymore

There's new photographs on the freezer door

But it's alright cause everything changes

We should talk all night and not say a word

Let me hop into your red Firebird, again."

It was super quiet for a split second. Then the entire arena erupted in a standing ovation, even the security guys. I felt tears come to my eyes, and Jennie hugged me happily. We waved at the crowd, and we walked back down the aisle as the bench folded back down.

---

Rosé

9:38 PM, October 11th, 2019

Houston Expo Center

---

We all rushed back down the steps, hurrying to change. I was pulling on my dress when I was yanked around. "Hey-!" I yelled, then gasped. Jennie was kissing me. In front of all these people. Sure it was just the staff, but still. They were sure to tell YG. But for now, in this moment, I didn't care. I pulled myself closer to her and deepened the kiss, my arms around her waist. The kisses got more passionate, and I couldn't believe we were doing this in front of these people. I pulled away, gasping for air after a second. Jennie stared into my eyes, brown meeting brown. "I love you." She whispered. I blushed, pulling my hands up to her face. "I love you too." I whispered back, my fingers caressing her cheeks softly.

She smiled gently and bit her lip, and I felt her arms around my waist. "Whoo!!" I jumped and looked over and saw Lisa and Jisoo smiling and cheering. "You guys are so cute together!!" Lisa squealed, and I blushed. "Yes, girls. Great show, but come on now. We have to get you ready." The stylist butted in. I furrowed my brows. "Is that what you think this is? Just.. for show?!" Jennie glared at her. The stylist stared at us in shock. She rolled her eyes. "

When YG finds out-" She started, but I cut her off. "If YG finds out, he can kiss our asses because quite frankly I'm tired of all this mistreatment. I'm tired of pretending that I'm fine, I'm tired of faking my smiles, I'm tired of saying that I'll get something when I know I won't. I'm sick of it and I'm sure the others are too." I snapped. Lisa spoke up. "Yeah, when are we going to get.. our, solos..?" She asked slowly, gesturing to herself, Jisoo and I.

The stylist stuttered, looking like a cornered animal. "Now, can you please just get us ready?" I asked, folding my arms. She nodded, and we all headed for the dressing rooms. I was still seething with anger, but then Jennie came into my dressing room. "사랑해, 채영. 당신은 매우 용감했고, 나는 당신을 자랑스럽게 생각합니다."

(I love you, Chae Young. You were very brave and I am proud of you.)

I smiled at her and came closer, pulling my boots on. "고마워, 제니-언니. 저도 당신을 사랑해요. 우리가 이 모든 가짜 약속을 얻을 때 그것은 단지 나를 너무 화나게하고 우리는 그들에 대해 거짓말을해야합니다."

(Thank you, Jennie-unnie. I love you too. It just makes me so mad when we get all these fake promises and we have to lie about them.)

Jennie nodded, leaning against the wall and watching me. She looked so cute standing there with a thinking expression on her face. "이봐, 채영? YG를 떠나고 싶다고 생각한 적이 있습니까?"

(Hey, Chaeyoung? Do you ever feel like you wanna leave YG?)

I looked up at her in surprise. She sighed and ran her hand through her hair as I stood up. "예. 많은 시간, 실제로. 하지만 당신은 거기 밖으로 무엇을 듣고 있습니까?"

(Yeah. Plenty of times, actually. But what do you hear out there?)

I lead her to the side door where the stage was on the other side and made her press her ear against the door. "Jen-nie! Jen-nie! Li-sa! Li-sa! Li-sa! Ji-soo! Ji-soo! Ro-sé! Ro-sé!" The crowd was chanting our names. She looked at me, and I smiled, nodding. "그들은 내가 아직 버려지지 않은 이유입니다. 팬들과 나 자신을 위해 강해지고 싶기 때문입니다. 우리는 여기에 도착하기 위해 너무 열심히 일했습니다."

(They are why I haven't ditched yet. I want to be strong for my fans and myself. We worked too hard to get here.)

She nodded, then pulled me close to her. I blushed, and she smirked at me. "You are too cute, you know that?" I nodded and stuck my tongue out playfully. She winked at me and whispered low in my ear. "The things I am going to do to you tonight.." My face turned a fiery red, and she smirked. "Jennie!" I scolded, blushing like a tomato. She chuckled, and then she did the most outrageous thing: she bent her head and kissed my neck once. I bit my lip and held in a moan. Not here, not now. "Let's save the rest of this for the hotel.." She whispered, and I shivered, nodding.

When Lisa and Jisoo came out, Lisa asked me why I looked so flustered. I stuttered and stumbled over my words until Jennie cut in. "She got a little excited, that's all." She said with a smirk. I blushed so hard as Lisa laughed at me. "You guys are so bad." She smirked. I blushed again and looked away when Jennie smirked slyly at me. "D-Dammit, Jennie.." I mumbled. "Girls! It's time, get in your elevators!" The stage manager said.

We scurried over to the stage elevates and waited, then suddenly we were going up.