Prologue

As I headed towards the bathroom, fate intervened and I collided with my closest friend, Ruth.

"Armhya, what are you doing here? The game starts in just 5 minutes. You better hurry. Go downstairs and grab your weapons before others snatch the best ones. Make sure you're in the Hall by 3. Best of luck!"

"Oh no, I completely forgot that today is my first day at Equinox High."

I can't recall what happened next, but I found myself standing in front of my dresser, searching for the hidden tile that grants access to my secret room.

Equinox High boasts the most advanced arsenal, machinery, and equipment for the battleground.

Each student here has their own room, and you can request your own secret space.

I chose a handprint-activated tile concealed within my dresser. Placing my hand on the specific tile would activate it, revealing my secret room.

True to my expectations, the tile responded to my touch, unveiling my hidden sanctuary. Without delay, I retrieved my AK-47 and fitted it with a silencer, tucking it securely behind my back. I also equipped my pistols with silencers and secured a dagger between my thighs.

In addition, I gathered some rope, flashbombs, and a regular bomb for emergencies.

I was all set! Glancing at the time, it read 2:58.

This routine was quite the hassle for me. Can you believe it? It's 3 in the morning, and I still have to go through all of this. I'm still nursing a hangover from yesterday. Well, three minutes of preparation isn't too bad.

One final inspection of my weapons to ensure I hadn't overlooked anything, and then I bid farewell to my room.

Once again, I placed my hand on the tile, causing my secret room to fade into invisibility.

As I approached the door, my eyes accidentally caught sight of my new wristwatch, a purchase from a week ago. Putting it on my wrist, I glanced at one of the frames on the table. It contained a picture of me with my family.

For some reason, as I left the room, a smile crept onto my face.