With her eyes widened, Janet replied with, "Stupid?! No, you ain't seen stupid! I'll show you stupid!" She unplugged the television, then lifted it from the stand it stood upon. That too was thrown at her husband.

Not long after, a knocking formed at the suite's door, impeding what was occurring. When Janet pulled herself together to answer, she saw a Caucasian, bulky woman dressed in a red colored suit from head to toe. Her hair was cut into a bowl shape, pigmented blonde. She was security.

"Hello, ma'am," the officer greeted, barely smiling. "I am Officer Hopkins. I was asked to check on this room as we've just received multiple complaints for loud disruptions. Is everything okay?"

Smiling back at the woman, Janet said, "Oh of course, Sir." She looked back at Boris, who stood right behind her. "Everything here is fine. We're fine."

"Uh, okay. Great," Officer Hopkins eyed the other woman sideways. "And just for your information, Ma'am, I am a woman."

"What do you mean?" Janet appeared to be confused.

Annoyed, Officer Hopkins sighed, shaking her head from side to side. "Look, Ma'am, if we receive any more complaints about this room, we will have to ask you to leave."

Moving her own head up and down, Janet acted as though she was very well aware. "Of course. I completely understand. I will try to keep that in mind, young man."

Now after such stressful, uproarious night, the next morning arrived. It was the day of which the stay at the retreat had come to an end. Not knowing when she'd see her friends last, Angela prepared one last breakfast before everyone were to take off.

As her peers were seated at a provided table, awaiting their meals, Angela stood at the head of the table, trying to get everyone's attention.
"Good morning, y'all." She greeted them, as they greeted her. She told them in very few sentences that this last breakfast shared between them had to be the one that was most special. She wanted them to go around listing one thing they learned while being on the retreat, or something they were thankful for.
"Since this was my idea, I guess I'll start. I'm thankful for—"

But before Angela could continue on, Janet had rose from her seat, holding her index finger in the air. "Hold on a minute, Angie. There's something I need to say." Janet's eyes traveled upon everyone else's as they watched her. "And when I say what I have to say, I don't want a pity party and I certainly don't need any judgement."

"Well," Mariah chimed in, "what the hell is it you gotta say?" She was becoming impatient.

The other woman took a rather deep breath then answered with, "All of you should know that Boris and I have decided to get a divorce." She saw how her friends gasped, seeming astonished. Even Toni. "The number one reason we came to this retreat was to better our marriage, but we haven't done that at all."

Boris, whom had been seated right next to her, held his head down. He was ashamed that his marriage was one of those that hadn't survived.

"Boris has had his fair share of wrongdoing, and I've had mine. In fact, I've been in love with somebody else for a long time now." Janet continued on, proud in her stance. "So we feel it is best to just go our separate ways."

As Toni, Shemar, and Angela all sat in silence, the others wondered who else the woman could've possibly been in love with. Janet explained to them that it was somebody at the table.

"Oh, hold up wait a minute, let me put some I-done-figured-this-shit-out in it," Whitney added, looking at her friends with curiosity. "The only people at this table that ain't opened they mouth is Toni and Shemar." She then gave her eyes to Janet. "Now you bold as hell if you been freaking on your best friend's man."

"It's not me she's in love with," Shemar stated, sighing. He pointed towards his wife. "It's Toni."

Immediately, the rest of the friends had widened eyes and astonished expressions. Of everything, that was not what they were expecting.

Well, not Mariah. She claimed she had always had a feeling something was going on between the two. "See, I knew it. I said to myself one day, Toni and Janet is some thespians." She shrugged her shoulders. "I knew it."

"Jackass," Whitney replied to her, "that is not the word that you call these people. Two women that be together are pescatarians."

"I swear you two are dumb and dumber sometimes." Shaking her head from side to side and laughing at the foolishness, Angela grabbed Janet by her arm and pulled her to the side. "Girl, I am so sorry to hear about the divorce. I didn't know things were this bad."

Janet sighed, breathing profoundly. "Don't be sorry, please. This is something that has to be done, y'know?" Her shoulders moved in an up and down fashion. "Ain't no good in holding onto something that's draining you."

"I know that's right," the other woman replied, agreeing. "I just can't help but wonder what was the breaking point for you? What made you say this is it?"

Janet took a quick glance back at the table to make sure the others weren't paying any attention, then leaned closer to her friend and whispered, "I found out he has HIV, Angie. Now I gots to take my ass to get tested."

Stunned, Angela's heart dropped. She wished times had not been so trying for her dear friends. "And what about Toni? Have you told her any of this?"

"No," the other woman said back, her pupils fell upon the floor they stood on. "And I don't plan to."

A|N:
thoughts?