Turning to face Norman, I apologized for the unsightly scene, only for him to stare down at me confused as he chewed on a breakfast roll. Well, seemed like I worried for nothing. Reaching for a roll, I bit down on it, savoring the delicious juicy meat as the melted cheese made it even better. Delicious. No other meat can beat this. 

"So...Norman, you say?" Dad finally started, clearing his throat slightly as he sat back down at the table. "You're my son's guy I believe." Well, no shit Dad. I won't bring Norman here if he isn't.

"Yes, Sir." Norman answered confidently as Dad nodded...and nodded...and nodded...?

Before he could even nod again, Mum reached behind his head before giving a hard smack to it. "Well what he's trying to say is what made you fall in love with that idiot son of ours?" She asked eagerly, eyes sparkling brighter than the sun.

"Well, he gave me hope when I thought that there's nothing left to long for in the world." he answered so straight-fully, I felt my cheeks burning up as I desperately tried to hide away from my parents' questioning gaze.

"Eh? Not his ass?" Mum asked flabbergasted as she stared at Norman in disbelief. This is why I had a bad feeling of bringing him over. Watching Norman silently, he shook his head slowly as I sighed in relief. "No. It was his ass too." He said honestly while looking into Mum's eyes and I almost died right at the spot. Why Norman? Whyyyy?

"Oh thankfully it's his ass. I was worried how you'll do butt sex if you're not attracted to his ass." She blabbed gleefully as Dad nodded in agreement. Meanwhile, I never felt more ready to slam my head against a wall. 

"Can we...just change topic?" I silently pleaded, wondering what can be an good excuse.

"Everett, are you ok?" Norman asked as I nodded, forgetting where we were. 

"Everett? Who's that?" Mum questioned us as I got ready to really kill myself there and then. Well, at least that's a different topic. "Explain."

"Mum, Dad..." Taking in a deep breath, I stared into their eyes, deciding it now or never. "I'm not your son. Your son Fayne is already dead. I'm Everett Brown, son of Emily brown. I know this may sound crazy but our souls got swapped when I got into a car accident, hence I'm here."

"How about Fayne?" Dad-well if I can even still call him that. Mr Johnson asked grimly as he waited with a slight look of hope in his eyes to which I adverted my gaze from.

"I-I'm sorry. M-My body was beyond repair-" I teared up, suddenly feeling very guilty for lying to them for such a long time under the pretense of their dead son. Imagine what must be going through their mind to hear that a stranger took their son's still good conditioned body while their son took the short end of the stick. Else, they would still be living together as a happy family.

"Your son died with a smile. I was there to witness it. He was a hero who saved his lover from falling off the roof, not getting pushed down by bullies as the rumors heard." Norman intervened, placing his hand over my shaking ones as he held them firmly.

"He died without regrets I see...thank you." Sobs were heard as I kept my gaze on the table, unable to face them with the immense guilt weighing down in my heart. 

"Son, look up." Mrs Johnson called out gently as I froze. Son? Did she just call me s-son? After all that I've done? Looking up slightly, she smiled down at me with the warmest gaze ever, making me tear up even more at the sight of it. "Did you say that your Mum's name is Emily Brown?" I nodded meekly. "By any chance were you living back in Uranus?"

"Ever since I was born..." I answered truthfully, having no reason to hide any more stuffs from them.

"Did she tell you anything about her twin sister?" She asked hesitantly as I nodded once more.

"She did but she doesn't have any photos of her." I confirmed her words as sobs wrecked Mu-Mrs Johnson's body as Mr Johnson wrapped his arms around her.

"Guess what son?" She announced with a soft glow in her eyes, her hand grabbing onto Mr Johnson's ones as she took a deep breath. "I may be your biological aunt." She grinned, tears spilling from her eyes as she held herself strong. 

"My true name is Emmery Brown, fraternal twin of your mum, Emily Brown. When we were 6, our family could no longer support us due to poverty. I was sold to a rich merchant by our family as back in the days, 2 girls is 1 too many. I was raised by the merchant, given a life here with proper education and a safe place to live in. I then met this old geezer here and got married. By the time I wanted to find your mum, I couldn't find her anywhere. How is she?" By the time she's done, I could only feel myself staring at her wide-eyed and speechless at such coincidence.

"My mum died due to an illness back when I was 14..." I answered grimly, not so fond of the memories of watching her die while looking like a bag of skin and bones. 

"Everett." Mr Johnson's voice boomed, causing me to jump slightly in my sit as I looked at him worriedly. His dead serious look soon morphed into a kind smile as he reached over to place a firm grip on my shoulder. "You lost a mum, we lost a son. How would you like if we adopt you as our son?"

"D-Do you really mean it?" I stammered out in disbelief as I watched both Mr and Mrs Johnson look at me with a indescribable yet warm look in their eyes. Without having to even confirm with each other, they just stared at me straight up without hesitation before nodding. "P-Please. I'll like to be your son."

"Welcome to the family, Everett."

Gonna wrap up in a few more chaptersss....