Wisdom

A/N:
Love that Beatles keychain😍

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I can't feel my legs!"

Seven in the morning. It was seven in the goddamn morning, which wouldn't have been as bad if it weren't for a certain blond haired drummer keeping him up all night.

Granted, the reason for the stalled sleep was his nerves, but it was only a dental surgery. He was only getting his wisdom teeth pulled, it really wasn't a big deal. It was as risky as sitting in a padded room with a blanket wrapped around your arms.

That didn't stop Roger from panicking at an astronomical level.

"Rog, it's okay, just close your eyes." Brian attempted to sooth, but the blonds eyes remained panicked. Truth be told, it broke his heart to see him so scared. He ran his hand through the golden strands until his eyes slid shut with a shaky breath.

"It's normal, dear. The medicine is putting your whole body to sleep." The orthodontist, Dr. Stevens, spoke calmly, placing the mask back on the blonds face before looking to the other man. "You can wait in the waiting room. We'll come get you when he's finished."

Brian nodded, watching Roger slip into the drug-induced sleep. The peaceful look on his face was enough to will himself to actually leave the room. He hated leaving him, really, it was almost torture seeing how nervous and scared he was, despite it being a routine procedure.

Upon reaching the waiting room, he sat in the uncomfortable chair and picked at the hangnail on his thumb. All he could do was wait for the blond to come out of surgery.

One hour had passed before he finally woke up. Blurry eyed and confused, the young man finally sat up in the dentist chair.

"Good morning, Mr. Taylor." The dentist greeted with a pleasant smile. "Would you like me to get your friend now?"

He nodded gently, his eyes drooping as he tried to open them enough to look around the room.

"And what is his name?"

"Roger." He mumbled, rubbing at his eyes with his hands curled up into loose fists.

"No, dear, that's your name." She laughed, setting her pen down as she approached the chair. "Your friend that brought you in today?"

A blank look covered his face as he stared up at her. "Uhh... His name is Brain."

"Brain?" She repeated back as the young man began giggling to himself. She cursed herself for not getting the mans name before the surgery.

"He's smart. Big brain." Roger nodded, his words muffled greatly by the gauze shoved into his mouth. "Gonna be a spaceman, visit all the space badgers."

"Well, I'll go ahead and get him." She patted his shoulder before making her way out to the waiting room. "For Roger Taylor?"

The tall man shot out of his seat and she could hardly contain her smile. They were definitely more than friends with a reaction like that.

"Is he alright?" He asked quickly upon reaching her, looking down at her with concern etched into his face.

"He's great, no complications at all. A bit loopy at the moment, but as you know, that's to be expected." She explained over her shoulder as she lead him back to the room.

"So he's not in any pain?" Brian pressed, the dentist only laughing softly and shaking her head.

"We gave him the good stuff, he can't feel a thing." She said, opening up the door to reveal the blond who was staring at the wall with drool dripping down his chin.