Deception

It was early morning.The sun was just now peeking through the clouds and burned off the shrouded mist across the castle courtyard.

The sunshine poured in through the curtains and spilled onto Cathrine's bedroom floor.

Her maids awakened her with a small breakfast served with tea. Her eyes still burdened with sleep, lazily she tilted her head to see the wedding gown. As she did so her silky hair crawled over the white sheets as she propped herself up.

A soft gasp escaped her lips as she admired the beautifully sown gown. Every seam adorned with pearls all tailored to perfectly fit her dainty figure. The bodice outlined with white lace ribbons and small encrusted jewels decorated the front of the large train.

"Do you wish to get dressed now Miss Lady Cathrine?"

A nearby maid warmed her with a charming smile.

"Yes very much so!" She rushed from the bedside to meet them.

Many of the maids shared an innocent laugh watching the young princess's excitement grow.

Once she was dressed they sat her down at the vanity. Bringing fourth many mirrors, brushes, and makeup.

Brightening up her eyes, adding a touch of blush to her cheeks, and braiding her hair into a elegant bun .

A soft knock came at the door and Catie rose from the vanity seat.

"Thank you all so very much!" She nodded to the maids waltzing down the hall. There Remi waited for her taking her hand in his.

"Princess Cathrine Rose." He did a polite bow.

"C'mon Remington its just me." She pouted linking his arm with hers.

"I suppose." He raised a playful brow, "Catie."

"Much better!" She chimed in.

He escorted her to her mother's chambers.

Cathrine knocked three short knocks.

"Catie?" Her mother hastily opened the door.

As she did her eyes increasingly grew wider.

Both Cathrine and Remi wore proud smiles.

Her mother as expected broke out in tears eloping young Catie in her arms.

"Mother?" Catie said in shock holding the weeping women in her arms.

"These are tears of joy." Her mother laughed, "No need to worry!"

Remi watched the two in peace. Slipping out of the doorway and joining the other servants in the dinning hall.

"Mother theres no reason to cry!" Catie held her in her arms.

"I know I know." Her mother mumbled still holding her youthful daughter.

The two walked together down the corridor reminiscing Cathrine's childhood. Sharing laughter with one another her mother grasped her hand twirling Cathrine around the halls.

The both of them giggling like children an abrupt clearing of someone's throat alarmed the princess and the Queen.

"Darling!" Cathrine's mother joined the kings side presenting his daughter to him. "Isn't she the most beautiful?" Her mother's lips formed into a gentle smile.

King Rowan admired his daughter, "She always has been." He embraced Cathrine.

"Thank you father." She bowed before him.

"Where is blessed groom?" Queen Athena asked with a smile now taking her husbands arm.

"I have no clue I should go check his chambers." Cathrine picked up the ends of her dress and headed to east wing of the castle.

Passing through the foyer many of the castle's servants and maids were in awe of the beautiful bride. Cathrine smiled to herself giving her more confidence then ever.

"Catie!" Remington's voice echoed throughout the castle with excitement as he waved her down.

"My God how much did this cost? You look like an actual bride to be betrothed!" He teased joining her side.

She chuckled, "Well really we shouldn't be talking about the price." She bit her lip preventing a wild grin.

A overly dramatic gasp escaped his lips. "Best not be coming out of my paycheck." He mumbled half sarcastically.

"Really with what job?" She rolled her eyes, "What did my parents employ you for again?"

He rolled his eyes with a smirk upon his lips.

Cathrine gave him a playful push, "To flirt with the stable boy?" She winked.

"Shush!" He worriedly covered her mouth.

"C'mon Remi you know your dirty little secrets are safe with me." She laughed pulling off his hand.

She hurried off still laughing at Remington's embarrassment when his checks flushed bright pink.

Finally reaching the archduke's chambers she excitedly knocked on the wood door.

"Francis Augustine." His name fell from her parted lips in a sing song tune. But no one came to answer her knocking. Not even his chamber maids-how odd she thought.

Slightly turning the handle she felt the lock push against her.

"Francis?" She called out for him louder.

A large thud was heard from inside the room and quick footsteps could be heard hitting the stone flooring.

She started jiggling the door knob, "Francis!" She frantically called out to her fiancé.

"One moment princess!" His voice could be heard nervously from behind the door.

"Is everything all right?" She pressed her ear to the chamber door.

"Of course I'll be just a minute." He shouted back.

The faintest voice of another could be heard from inside the room as well.

"Francis I really want in." She whined jerking the door knob faster this time.

The door cracked open slightly and Francis's face appeared.

"I said to wait." His voice was now stern much like her father's when he's disciplining her.

She pushed back on the door battling his strength as he made effort to quickly shut it.

"What is wrong?" She pushed and the door flung wide open.

Francis lunged for Cathrine's waist to grab her but it was too late.

-Authors Note- 

Hello everyone! I really hope your enjoying the first chapter of War of the Rose. Please Remember to vote and comment i'm open to plot line suggestions! Also more characters will be added along with their aesthetics.

Cathrine Rose

.