Chapter 13

Chapter 13- Jordi

"Hey Jordi, can I ride with you guys today?" Before he gives me time to answer, he speaks again. "I'll even sit in the back, only for my favorite couple." He teases.

I pick up my spoon and throw it at him. Laughing, I reply, "Yeah sure. Just don't say anything, you know?"

"About what we talked about? Okay, I wasn't planning to anyway." He says.

I get up and put my cereal bowl in the sink and fill it with water. I'll just do the dishes after school, since it's just about time to leave.

When Tay finally finishes his breakfast, we head to my car. It's funny to see him squeeze into the back since he's tall and his head almost touches the ceiling, like mine. But I don't have another option. This was my mom's car but when she died my dad gave it to me and he told me if I wanted something different then I had to save up.

Making the neccessary turns, I start to get this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, like something isn't right. Alex starts to pace, and I can feel him worrying. Why is he like this all of a sudden?

Pulling up to the stop where I usually pick Layla and Ben up, I get my answer when I don't see either of them standing there, like they usually are.

I get out of my car, looking around, in the direction of where they usually walk to when I drop them off. I can hear him before I see him. My Little Man is crying and yelling out my name, with his feet pounding into the cement of the sidewalk.

I freak out when I don't see Layla with him. Running to him, I pick him up and try to get him to calm down. He's panting and his little green eyes are red and swollen from the tears streaming steadily down his face. He doesn't even have his school bag with him.

After getting him to settle down a little bit, I ask, "Hey, shh. Calm down bud, I got you. Where's Layla?"

This makes him start crying again. He barely manages to sputter out "Sh-She's with M-Marc. He's hit-"

I cut him off. "Hey, you're okay. Tay! Call for my dad and the rest of the crew. Tell them to follow our scent and quick! I need you to follow me but keep Ben safe! Hurry!"

I hand Ben off to Tay and calm him down, telling him he's safe and I'm going to get his Sissy. I make sure he's turned away from me before morphing into my midnight black wolf with silver stripes down my middle.

Rushing down the street, I follow my scent of Layla. After a few seconds, I come up to a decent looking house when her scent hits me full force. I can feel my heart being torn out of my chest as I hear the sounds of whimpering and slaps.

Barrelng through the door, I wasn't prepared for the sight in front of me. Laying there on her belly, motionless and topless, is my beatiful mate, with a man who I could only assume is the Marc Ben was terrified of, straddling her waist and bringing his belt down repeatedy on her back and side of her face. There's blood pooling around her body, from her back mostly, and only a few streams slowly leaking down from her cheeks.

All I see is red.

Lunging forward, I tackle the man to the ground. He obviously didn't notice me break down the damn door just a second ago because this takes him by surprise. He looks up at me, while I snarl down at him. I'm about to tear into his flesh when I hear voices and gasps behind me.

"Jordi, no! Keep him unharmed, we can take him back and chain him up. We need to get information from him of why he did this. Your mate is unconcios right now and most likely bleeding out! change and get your damn ass over to her. Tay, Judd, Brett, and I got him. Go to Layla, NOW." My dad spits out.

I quickly comply to his command, though he didn't have to tell me twice to go to my unconcious mate. Running to her, I collapse to my knees next to her, her small whimpers coming from her mouth obviously being subconsious. Putting my hands under her head to stabalize it, she stops her soft mewls when my skin comes into contact with her.

"Someone get Dr. James here, now!" I yell out. Too occupied at holding my mate to mind-link the pack doctor myself.

Not even five minutes of saying things like You're okay, baby and I got you now, James comes rushing in, barking out orders.

"Get her on the gurney, she needs to be stable as soon as possible. All of us need to lift of three." James, Kelsey, two of the other medical staff members, and myself all lift Layla onto the gurney on James' count. "Get her in the truck! We need to get her to the hospital quarters immediately." I rush along side the medical team.

"Jordi! Here." Lauren, who has a crying Ben in her arms with his face stuffed in her neck, throws me a pair of basketball shorts and a t-shirt. Nodding my thanks, I climb into the back of the medical truck with Layla laying there, motionless.

I can feel my heart breaking at the sight of her limp body. I cna see she's having trouble breathing with the way her loody back is moving up and down at a rapid pace, unsteadily. "She can't breath, Doc!" The doors in the back of the medical truck open jsut as I finish my statement.

"We're here! We need her in for an X-ray stat! Alpha Jordi, I'm so sorry but I need you to stay out here while we stabalize her breathing and clean and dress her wounds. It may take a while depending on her other injuries if any. I'm sorry, it's my job." James says while we hurry into the hospital wing of the pack house.

I want to scream at him and keep Layla in my sight, but it's his job and if I don't let him do it correctly it may cost me my happiness, my Layla. I only nod and then scream when the doors close, pulling Layla behind them.

-

It's been an hour and a half now and still no talk of what's going on with Layla!

Looking around the room, I see picture frames broken on the ground, lamp's shattered, some chairs flipped, and magazines littering the ground all around them. Slumping down into a chair I thankfully didn't destroy in my rampage, I let the full force of my feelings hit me. The anger is the strongest of the feelings, anger at that Marc for hurting my precious Layla, anger at myself for not seeing it sooner. I broke down into tears and unattractive sobs.

I finally put two and two together. After this, I realized that it was him who caused the bruise I was so concerned about. He is the reason Layla is so skittish and afraid. The reason she and Ben were terrified to go home everyay. The reason she's hurt. My dad came to tell me that he is under our watch in the abandoned cells we have on our territory. We haven't used them since my dad's second year of being Alpha. We haven't had a reason to.

He also listened to me as I told him about my discovery. He was pissed, angry at how someone could do that to their own kids, even if they weren't his bood. My dad was pissed, most of al, at the fact that he hurt his future daughter-in-law and Luna.

Also, he explaind that Ben was safe with Lauren and Kelsey. They were taking his mind off of it, to no avail. He told me how he kept screaming for either me or his sissy and how he eventually managed to go to sleep, probably exhausted from tiring himself out with his screaming. My dad left me alone after that.

And now here I am, in a room I trashed, crying for my mate. Crying for all the times I could've protected her and Little Man. All the times I didn't. All the times I didn't know.

Layla, I love you so much. How coud I not see it sooner and protected you and Ben? I can't bear the pain of knowing I could've done something, but didn't. I'm sorry, my love. Forgive me. I thought.

----------------------

Merry Cristmas everybody! My gift to you all is this chapter.

Aren't you happy Jordi came to the rescue with his crew?

Well, I hope everybody has a fantastic Christmas, or if you don't celebrate it, a Happy Hanukkah, or maybe just a great 25th of December! Ha Ha.

Well please leave feedback! I love seeing all of your wonderful comments and seeing so many of you vote. Love you guys!