12 i hope she's deaf

TALIA SAT AT THE EDGE OF HER DOCK, HER SHOE DRAGGING ACROSS THE SURFACE OF THE WATER

TALIA SAT AT THE EDGE OF HER DOCK, HER SHOE DRAGGING ACROSS THE SURFACE OF THE WATER. She so desperately wanted Kiara and Sarah to get along, but she couldn't help them if they didn't want to be helped. She was also mad at herself for bringing Sarah into everything and betraying Kiara, but she also felt like she was betraying Sarah if she didn't let her know what was going on. She had no idea how to fix this. She sighed, a hand running through her hair, looking out into the marsh. She spotted a familiar boat making it's way towards her, and she rolled her eyes when she saw who it was.

"Pope, I told you, I need to be alone right now." Talia reminded him as he came closer to her dock, shrugging his shoulders.

"I know, but John B and JJ got conked out on the marsh and they need a tow." He told the girl, who rolled her eyes at the boys' stupidity. Unfortunately, this wasn't the first time this had happened to them, so she knew what to do in this situation. She pushed herself up off the dock and onto the boat, sitting back down on the bow of the boat as Pope drove away. When he began to slow down at another dock and Talia saw Kiara walking out, she turned to Pope with a furious look on her face.

"You didn't tell me she was coming!" Talia yelled at him as he shrugged.

"This is an issue for the whole group, never leave a Pogue behind, remember?" Talia groaned and turned back around to face the water, her back to Pope and Kiara as she asked him what was going on. They drove for a few minutes until they arrived upon Heyward's boat stuck in the middle of the marsh. Talia and Kiara hopped on the boat, going into the cab of the boat to find John B and JJ leaning over the control center of the boat, both of their heads shooting up as the girls entered.

"What happened?" Kiara asked, leaning against the doorframe of the enclosed area.

"Uh, the alternator's, uh, not alternating anymore." JJ told her, to which she rolled her eyes.

"It's not charged."

"Did you check the plugs?" She asked, as the boys looked at each other and shook their heads.

"No, you should go check them." JJ handed her some pliers and she pushed past Talia towards the mechanical area of the boat. Talia walked farther into the room, crossing her arms and shaking her head.

"How did you two idiots manage to do this?" She asked looking at them both. JJ shrugged, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh, you know, we were just chillin-" He ran quickly out of the room, pushing past Talia as he jumped off the front of the boat into the water. She watched him and turned back to John B, who had a small, mischievous smile on his face.

"Sorry about this." He told her, lightly kissing her cheek and repeating the same action as JJ did. She ran after him, Kiara coming up from under the boat and watching them swim back to the HMS Pogue.

"Is this a joke?" Kiara asked, and was about to yell something at the boys when she heard banging coming from below them, in the cargo hold of the boat. Talia crouched down and opened it to find Sarah, clearly angry and just as in the dark as her and Kiara were about what was going on.