4

The chirps of bird could be heard from inside the fortress. The rustle of leaves made Y/N relax and lay down her guard.

"My lady" You breathed out a sigh and turned to the speaker.

"Kokushibou, what are you here-- wait no, how did you find me?" You curiously ask the six-eyed demon.

You watch as he sits next to you,
"I asked Nakime" he blatantly explained, his kimono folded neatly as he crosses his legs over each other.

"Hm, I see. Why did you search for me then?"

His eyes lingered at the window, as it was morning it was always covered with a paper like cloth that muffled the sun's intensity.

"I...have a question to ask of you my lady" he tells you slowly, you could see him hesitate but was surprised he went through.

"And what is this question?"

"Do you know...Yoriichi?"

You felt the atmosphere change as you remember the powerful demon slayer. You had lived for centuries but you still had fear for the said man.

You tightly grip your kimono under your sleeves and faked a smile.

You turned to him as he had his stare at you.
"Of course I know him, why wouldn't I?"

Sweat formed on your back as you do not know what the 1st upper moon will ask next.

"Then...is my power greater than his?"

You stopped dead in your tracks as you heard this. You heard desperation on his voice, it was barely noticeable. You relaxed and unclenched your hold on your clothes.

"Why do you ask that darling?"

You lovingly asked, you had treated everyone in the upper moon and lower moon as your own son or daughter. You had known about Kokushibou's strive for power as he wanted to surpass his own little brother.

"I feel like...I did not get stronger than him, even if I lived for centuries I never once felt superior to his power" you hear him explain.

That's why Muzan liked him, he was loyal as Muzan was stronger than he could ever be. You always had pitied him, ever since Yoriichi died, you could feel the weight on his shoulders go away but you still knew about his uncertainties.

Gazing at him pitifully you patted your lap. This was very common for the demons to lay on your lap.

Though it was needed to be kept secret as Muzan would find it unacceptable.

You watch as Kokushibou slowly lowered his body and rest his head on your lap. His eyes closed as warmth enveloped him.

You play with his long scruffy hair as he laid peacefully.

"You are such a good child Kokushibou, you are one of a kind. It doesn't matter if your brother is stronger than you. The power in you is still greater than anything else" you softly whisper to him.

Your aura was like of an angel, despite being the mother of a merciless demon original, you were still kind and the exact opposite of Muzan.

"No matter how old you are, you still act like a puppy" you coo at him. A blush adorned his face, he did not dare open his eyes as the feeling of embarrassment sets in.

You hold in a laugh as the adorable expression held on his face. It was quite rare for the almighty Kokushibou to blush after all.

You pat his head.
"You should go now my Kokushibou, the sun will be setting soon"