vvv

hey guyssss. i miss you all. how is everybody?

richie tozier stood outside of the gramercy park hotel, tapping his foot impatiently. his limo was seven minutes late.
     he groaned. his manager would kill him if he was late to this show. in times square. that he would preform in front of millions of people.
     finally, a long, sleek, black limo pulled up.
     "richie tozier?" the driver asked in a smooth, emotionless voice.
     "yes," richie snapped.
     the man put the limo into park, and stepped out to open the back door for him. richie froze, mouth agape.
     he knew that he'd met this man somewhere, but where, he was unsure.
     the man looked at him worriedly. "are you ok? i'm so sorry i kept you waiting! h-here, let me get you a glass of water!"
the shorter of the two quickly produced a glass of water, handing it to the comedian. he then proceeded to usher richie into the limo.
eddie quickly scrambled into the drivers seat, putting the small, dark window up to give mr. tozier privacy.
his heart was hammering, and he was struggling to to keep his eyes on the road.
the moment he had saw richie tozier, he could feel his throat tighten and his eyes water. he knew this man, but from where was the real question.
eddie kaspbrak was so caught up in his own thoughts that he didn't hear the urgent knocking on the black window. he quickly rolled it down.
"yes sir? can i help you?"
"drop the act, who the hell are you and why do i feel like i should know you?" richie asked sharply.
eddie opened and closed his mouth. "you feel that way too?" he finally cried, relieved.
"yes! but who are you?"
"my name's eddie kaspbrak," eddie told him helpfully.
     for a moment, there was nothing, then, richie started screaming. "oh my god eddie kaspbrak from derry! oh my god!"
     flashbacks hit eddie at full speed and he nearly swerved off the road. "'chee?" he squeaked.
     "oh my god eds!" richie cried, happy tears rushing down his cheeks.
tears pricked at eddie's eyes as well. "my god man! i-i forgot you existed..."
richie looked down, sniffling. "so did i eds. so did i."
for a moment, no words were said, but both men were aware of the other's sniffles.
     richie spoke first. "what time do you get off eds?"
      "i got off half an hour ago. i told my men i wanted this job." he chuckled. "now i know why."
     "where do you live? do you live around here?" richie asked quickly.
"i have a little house in astoria, it's nothing fancy," eddie told him with a shrug. "how about you-"
     "i wanna see it!" richie blurted out.
     "now?!" eddie asked, thinking about how messy his house was currently. "you-you have a show tonight! a big one to be in fact!"
     "i don't care. i just need you right now eds," richie mumbled, almost near tears.
     "oh, ok," eddie said, making a left turn so he could head back to his house. "i'll have to warn you, it's kind of messy."
it took almost twenty minutes to reach eddie's house. richie gasped when they pulled into the driveway.
"wow, eds, your wife must love this place," richie laughed, flicking eddie in the head.
eddie swatted his hand away as he put the limo in park. "shut up, trashmouth-" he and richie both let out gasps as they remembered the nickname. "i uhh, i don't have a wife... come on, let's get inside."
richie followed eddie inside, barely holding back tears. eddie realized this, and grabbed his hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.
     as soon as eddie had shut and locked the front door behind the two of them, richie tackled the smaller man into a tight hug. he began sobbing harshly.
     eddie hugged his childhood best friend back tightly. "shh 'chee, breathe," eddie soothed.
     eddie led him over to a plush beige couch and pushed richie down on it. richie pulled his glasses off and sat them on the end table, covering his face with his hands as he continued to sob.
     "let me go grab you a beer," eddie said to richie. he was never good with condolences; he was too awkward.
     he walked into his kitchen, opening the fridge and producing two beers. he went back to richie and handed him one.
     "here ya go."
     richie stared at the bottle for a minute before breaking down once again, and curling up into eddie's side.
     eddie bit back a snide comment about richie's shoes being on the couch. did he know how many germs could be transferred right now? but he kept his mouth shut and continued to hold richie tightly.
     "i was going to kill myself tonight after the show!" richie sobbed.
     eddie tensed up. "what? richie why?" he cried.
     richie shrugged his shoulders. "i wasn't h-happy! i'm still not, but when i realized who you were, eds... i felt something. for the first time in over a year, i felt something!"
     eddie was crying now too, and he pulled richie even closer. "shh, it's ok 'chee. i'm right here and i'm not going anywhere, ok?"
     richie nodded his head, hiccuping with sobs.
     "you can stay here with me. for as long as you need."
     "r-really?" richie sniffled.
     "of course. i-i haven't been in the best mental state either. i know how you feel."
     "what- how did you feel better?"
     "my doctor prescribed anti-depressants. god richie, i've been numb to everything since last december." eddie broke, and he too began sobbing.
     richie held him back. "hey, eds, easy. we're gonna get through this together, ok? i pinky promise."
     richie wove their fingers together.
     "come on, i'll get you set up in the guest room," eddie said once his tears slowed.
     richie followed eddie upstairs.
     "that's my bedroom," eddie said, pointing to the right. "and there's the other bed room there," he said, gesturing to the left. "the bathroom's in the middle. oh, and let me get you some pajamas so you're comfortable!"
     when richie walked out of the guest room in a pair of pajamas that looked barely worn, the shirt and pants stopped about four inches above his wrists and ankles. he walked into eddie's room to say good night.
     eddie busted up laughing when he saw richie in his pajamas. "oh man, we're gonna have to invest in some clothes for you."
     richie pouted, and went to sit cross legged beside eddie on his bed. "har-dee-har-har," he said humorlessly.
     "awh 'chee don't pout!" eddie giggled. "i was only playing."
     richie gave eddie a soft smile. "i know spaghetti head."
     there was another pause at the use of a dead nickname, but eddie broke it with a yawn.
     he leaned back on his bed, snuggling against richie's side.
    richie looked down at him. "i should go back to my- the guest room."
     eddie looked up at him with the biggest puppy dog eyes richie had ever seen. "please stay?" he pleaded.
     "oh, alright, fine. you convinced me."
     eddie rolled over to turn of the lamp, mostly to hide his grin from richie, while richie snuggled into eddie's bed.
     eddie rolled back over and buried his face in richie's neck, more confident in the darkness. he closed his eyes and fell asleep in mere seconds. or so richie thought.
     richie pressed his lips to the sleeping eddie's forehead. "eds, i don't know what i'd do without you. i-i love you."
     "i love you too richie," eddie mumbled. "more than anything."
     richie stiffened, and eddie looked up worriedly.
     "i'm sorry, i didn't know you were still awake," richie mumbled, clearly embarrassed.
     eddie chuckled, pressing his lips to richie's quickly. "shh, it's ok. we were both thinking the same thing anyway. we'll talk more tomorrow, ok?"
     richie nodded, his eyes already closed.

reddie oneshotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara