i glance around at everyone in the room. i don't see spencer, rossi, or hotch. "where's everyone else?"

"they're getting spencer's story now. spencer's injuries weren't as bad as yours, so once he's finished, they're discharging him. everyone else will be in shortly." emily says from the corner of the room.

as time passes, we reminisce on old, funny memories at work. we talk about foods and drinks we like, and how much we all hate hospitals. after i finish talking about how much i hate hospital food, the door opens, and in walks spencer.

"spencer.." i mumble as he walks over quickly and pulls me into a hug. if i could stay in his arms forever, i would. after a few minutes, i pull away, and stare into his eyes, then break the gaze as emily cuts in.

"we will give you two some privacy." emily mumbles quietly. we both nod in her direction as everyone walks out.

spencer sits in a chair and scoots it close to the side of my bed, putting his hand over the top of mine. "stella, how are you feeling?"

"i mean, better than when we were being held captive, that's for sure. how about you? how's your eye?" i ask, reaching to caress it.

he grabs my hand just as i'm about to touch it, his quick action making me jump. "sorry, i didn't know." i mumble.

he drops my hand. "it's okay. it just hurts when it is touched." i nod at his response, accepting it.

"i feel so bad." spencer begins, his voice cracking.

"why?" i ask, grabbing his hand. he looks at me. "i couldn't even reassure you that everything was going to be okay." his stutter was breaking my heart. i hate seeing spencer this sad.

"spencer, please don't feel bad. he would've killed you. i want you alive, no matter the cost. anyway, if i would've just given myself up, you wouldn't have gotten kidnapped in the first place."

"stella, you had no way of knowing what he was going to do,-" spencer gets cut off by the nurses and doctors coming into the room.

"we need to check her vitals and do a full body exam. you're going to have to leave for this part." the nurse says to spencer.

he nods and pushes his way past the nurses and doctors, back towards the waiting room. the nurses proceed to check my vitals, and they are good, as hoped.

she proceeds to tell me that i am not cleared to work in the field for at least a week and half, and that those are the doctor's orders. any time after that will be up to hotch or strauss. she gave me a few pamphlets for therapists. i noticed they gave spencer the same ones. it must be procedure.

before i knew it, i was getting changed in the clothes that emily had picked up from my apartment.

as i walked out into the lobby, i got a glance of myself in a mirror. man, i looked like crap. my hair isn't brushed, the dark circles under my eyes are very large, and the bruises on the side of my head are quite noticeable. i sighed at my appearance, and continue to follow emily.

i am greeted by spencer and morgan, pulling morgan into a quick hug, and then spencer after.

"do you need a ride home?" morgan asks once i pull away from spencer's hug.

i smile and nod. "thank you morgan. i'll see you guys in a day or so. i'm cleared for office work, i just can't be in the field. i just need a day off to recover. hotch knows."

they all smile and bid their goodbyes as morgan and i walk out of the hospital. once we get in the car, he turns to me.

"hey, when we were in that room yesterday, you looked like you really went through it. just know, that if you ever need someone to talk to, i'm here. my office door, my apartment door, they are always open." morgan finishes.

my lips twitch up to form a small smile. "thank you derek. i may take you up on that offer." i pulled him into a hug. the feeling of morgan's arms around mine felt oddly comforting.

after a few minutes, he pulled out of the lot and shortly after, arrived at my apartment.

"i'll walk you up." he offers, getting out. i nod, and follow him upstairs.

i unlock my front door and see my apartment just as i remember it. glass shattered all over the floor, my broken ceramic bowl.

"stella? you okay?" morgan asks, trying to get my attention. a quick tear slides down my cheek. "i cant stay here. not tonight."

"you can stay at my place for the night if you want." he offers, and i nod as he grabs my hand and leads me back to his car, and before i know it, i am asleep in morgan's bed. he insisted on me taking the bed and him on the couch. i fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.