Chapter (36): The Hacker & The Stealthy

Start from the beginning

Danni successfully opened the door with a bobby pin and followed her Steve and Susan.

"I'll check the bedroom" said Susan.

"I'll check the windows" said Danni.

"And I'll check his computer" said Steve as he spotted the laptop on the coffee table. He opened the screen but he had to enter the password. "Expected" he said as he opened his own laptop trying to hack the password and the computer.

Danni was looking from the window, seeing if any of the neighbors suspected anything but the neighborhood seemed quiet. She stole glances at Steve every 5 minutes and he seemed busy with his computer stuff. Susan emerged from the bedroom with nothing as she shook her head at Danni and Danni nodded knowingly. Danni pulled out her phone and started calling April.

"Hey"

"Is he still in the meeting?"

"Uhh, yeah. I just saw him get inside a few minutes ago"

"And Avery?"

"She went home. She needs to think about her next move. What about you guys?"

"Steve is trying to hack his laptop but so far no progress"

"Give me updates when something new comes up?"

"Gotcha"

She hung up and was just about to look from the window but Steve's voice grabbed her attention.

"Bingo!" said Steve excitedly. "I'm in"

Danni and Susan rushed by his side and took a seat beside him looking at the screen where so many files were stored.

"This is so confusing" said Steve. "So many freaking files. Does this asshole work for the FBI or something?" He opened one, two, three and more files but none of them were the video they were looking for.

"What's that?" said Danni pointing at a folder. "What's the Amaryllis?"

"I don't know" He clicked on the file and photos of Avery were stored inside the file.

"Holy cow!" said Steve. "That guy have some serious issues!"

"Fucking stalker!" said Susan.

"Yeah, he is" Confirmed Danni, clenching her fists. "There is the video!" She pointed at the only video in the same folder.

"Should we open it?" asked Steve, feeling awkward.

"Just the first few minutes. We have to make sure it's the one"

"Oookay" he said with a click on the video.

The video started with Avery hooking an arm around her professor's neck, kissing him feverishly in his office and she started to take off her clothes while the professor pushed everything away from his desk. This is when Danni turned off the video.

"Yep, that's the only one" she said.

"Is there any other copies of the video?" asked Susan.

"That is possible" said Steve "And that's why I'm going to take a copy of his laptop's folder and files and then delete them from his"

"Well done" said Danni patting his shoulder.

He only took seven minutes to hack the computer and took a copy of everything then he deleted all the files on Gray's computer.

"We should get out of here" said Susan.

They nodded and went outside the house, not disturbing the neighbors. Steve called April as they were on their way home.