Chapter 6: Road To The Apocalypse

Start from the beginning

"Fine." He clears his throat, "What is up you wonderful people! We are on our way to the middle of nowhere to try and survive the apocalypse!"

"Hey, that's my line!" I say but everyone cheers over me.

"Here we have Mari looking lovely and Y/N looking beautiful as always," Shayne says pointing the camera at Mari and I. "And back here we have the one and only Jovenshire and Wes! And we can't forget about Ian, who has the privilege of riding shotgun."

"Y'all wouldn't be here if it wasn't for me. I get shotgun." Ian laughs.

"And what is this?" Shayne points the camera so myself and he can be seen, "Is Y/N popping pills?"

I swallow the two pills I put in my mouth and screw the cap back on the bottle, "Yes, yes I am."

"Y/N! Don't do drugs." Ian says in an accusing but clearly joking voice.

"It's just Gravol so I don't get car sick. Nothing illegal happening here" I laugh.

"And on that note of Y/N doing drugs, let's cut to the other vehicles vlog!" Shayne says and turns off the camera, "That is how you vlog."

I laugh and the vehicle starts moving.

"And we're off!" Joven says.

After about ten minutes of everyone just talking it's clear that people are getting bored. Wes pulls out his Nintendo Switch and he and Joven play a game on that. Mari has pulled out a book to read and Ian is scrolling through Instagram and Twitter on his phone. Shayne starts looking around.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"I hear the crinkling of a bag. WHO HAS FOOD?" He asks.

Wes slowly holds up a bag of Twizzlers, "I'm hungry..."

Shayne holds out his hand and so do Mari and I. Wes gives each of us a Twizzler. Ian snaps his fingers and I hand one to him too. After we eat our Twizzlers everyone goes back to doing their own thing. I yawn and I guess Shayne notices.

"You tired?" He asks.

"Yeah, I didn't sleep well last night. Meghan had her boyfriend over last night and just... ugh." I roll my eyes.

"You mean they kept you up because they were..." Shayne raises his eyebrows.

"Oh my goodness, no." I laugh, "They stayed up till four in the morning playing Mario Kart!"

"Ohhh. Well, that's better than something else." He chuckles.

I laugh a little too, I then rest my head on his shoulder and close my eyes to get some sleep.

I wake up to the sounds of voices.

"-We have these two cutie-patooties who need to wake the frick up because we're at a pit stop-"

I open my eyes and immediately see a camera pointed at Shayne and I. I feel Shayne's head lift off mine, which I didn't even notice was rested against mine. I lift my head and we both stare at each other for a moment before laughing a little. We both get out of the vehicle and see that the other van is here too. We all go inside the gas station to use the bathroom and get some snacks if we want any. I buy a pack of chocolate covered almonds and head back to the van to sit in the open door.

When everyone is outside again Ian grabs his megaphone, even though it's not necessary, "Alright people. From here on out there will be no more pit stops because we will be heading into the middle of nowhere. Enjoy stretching your legs because you'll be stuck for the next little bit. Oh, and if you would like to take your seatbelt off when we start driving through the desert, you can, but don't be stupid."

We all nod and get back into our vehicles. I share my chocolate covered almonds with the other people in my van, even the driver because he deserves some chocolate covered almonds.

Mari and I are both watching out the window for when we drive into the desert so we can take off our seatbelts. Soon enough, we turn off the main road and into nothingness. Everyone in the van takes off their seatbelts except for Ian, who's asleep, and the driver.

Shayne turns himself so his back is up against his door. I scoot myself forward and lay against him so my back is against his stomach and my head is resting on his chest.

"Is it okay that I do this? You're comfy." I ask, laughing slightly.

"Yeah, it's fine with me." Shayne says as he rests his chin on top of my head and wraps his arms around me, getting more comfortable. I feel quite safe in his arms, like he is my seatbelt. I nestle into him a bit more, feeling his stomach rise and fall against my back with every breath.

"Aw man," I hear Wes say, "I wanna do that."

I giggle, "You should try it, it's quite comfortable. Especially when you have someone else's arms as a seatbelt."

"Woah don't look at me, buddy." Joven says, scooting away from Wes slightly. This makes everyone in the van laugh. I feel Shayne's breaths become a steady pattern, indicating that he's asleep. I soon fall asleep too, his arms still preventing me from falling off the seat.

Before I know it we've arrived in the middle of nowhere and to where we're going to be staying/filming. Mari has gotten out of the van which allowed Wes and Joven to leave as well. As Ian's getting out he notices that Shayne's still asleep.

"Are you stuck?" He laughs.

"Yes." I reply, "He's got his frog leg arms wrapped around me and I can't break free."

"Hold on, I got this." Ian says as he gets out of the van.

Ian proceeds to walk around to the door that Shayne's leaning against, and slide it open, causing Shayne to fall back, but since his legs and some of his torso are on the seat, he doesn't fall out.

"Good morning!" I say, getting out of his arms, and exiting the van.

"Hi..." He says sitting up and also getting out of the van. I can hear Courtney laughing her head off in the distance.

We all get our stuff out of the vehicles and thank the drivers before they drive off. Sarah, Matt Raub, and the other producers and directors are already there waiting for us.

"Welcome to where you'll be spending the next week of your lives!" Matt Raub announces and we all cheer, "Today, you can settle into your rooms, explore the area, and tomorrow will be our first day of filming!"

We all head into the living area with the different rooms to stay in.

"It's two to a room, so choose who you'll be staying with and get settled," Ian says.

"Hey!" Courtney walks up to me, "Do you wanna be my roomie?"

"Sure! Are Olivia and Mari rooming together? I'm assuming they're not rooming with any of the boys." I say.

She nods and we walk off to go find an empty room. We find one between Olivia and Mari's room and Noah and Keith's room, with Damien and Shayne across the hall. I take the bed closest to the door and drop my bags onto it. The rooms don't look half bad. I can see the pool from my window though, and the water looks questionable.

"So," I hear Courtney say, "What's up with you and Shayne?"

"What do you mean?" I force a laugh.

"Mari told me about you guys sleeping on each other, that's adorable." Courtney says flopping onto her bed.

"Yeah, like you haven't slept on Shayne between shoots before." I cross my arms.

"Okay. Fair point. But that's just the life of an actor. You guys slept on each other in a vehicle, twice. And Mari said he called you beautiful."

"True, but he also said that Mari looked lovely."

"There's a difference between 'lovely' and 'beautiful'. Lovely is just polite, beautiful is 'damn you look beautiful'."

"Whatever." I laugh.

There's nothing 'going on' between Shayne and I, we're co-workers. Not that there's a rule or anything, but still. Even if there is anything going on, there's either not, or I'm really oblivious. I did enjoy our kiss for 'Every Fanfiction Ever' though, and I got a lot of positive comments on that video. Maybe I should kiss Shayne more often... No Y/N, no.